MAC Peacocky hit counters this past week, and in addition to providing us with a new adjective, the collection features two brand-new products: Kissable Lipcolour and Mega Metal Shadow.
Arrogance or elegance? The showy display, the undeniably sexual spectacle, the iridescent irreverence…it’s awe-inspiring. We fetishize the exotic peacock as a symbol of extreme beauty, an act of elaborate nature, raging against everything simplistic. Peacocky fans out in a foray of intense colour for Lips and Eyes, exotic and sophisticated with a touch of ’30s F. Scott Fitzgerald glamour and mesmerizing metallic sheen. Dramatic doesn’t even begin to describe the girl who knows she’s Peacocky.
I think the collection description above gives me a better sense of how to use Peacocky in a sentence. Great word:) Here’s a rundown of the collection:
Light as a feather, Mega Metal Shadow($19.50) gleams like chrome, with light-reflecting properties – yet creamy, crease-resistant, vitamin-fortified flexibility.
- Peek-at-You – Frosted yellow white
- Dalliance – Light champagne
- Prance – Frosted mauve pearl (Product Girl fave!)
- Top of the Posh – Frosted white pink
- Tweet Me – Gold bronze
- Mating Call – Dirty frosted violet
- Odalisque – Deep teal
- Sexpectations – Metallic burgundy
- Paparazz-she – Deep copper bronze
- Ego – Forest green
- Noir Plum – True purple with silver pearl
- Dandizette – Navy with silver pearl
- Spectacle of Yourself – Deep bronze
- Centre Stage – Frosted chocolate brown (Product Girl fave!)
- Unflappable – Frosted black with purple pearl
The new Kissable Lipcolour ($18) combines full flash with creamy comfort. It’s molten, with elastomer technology and imparts a velvety, aerated feel without sacrificing shine.
- Enchantée – Light blue pink
- Woo Me – Light pinky nude (Product Girl fave!)
- So Vain – Muted dirty coral (Product Girl fave!)
- Vanity Fair – Mid-tone blue pink
- Exxxhibitionist – Red-toned coral
- Strut Your Stuff – Bright true red
- Scandelicious – Blue fuchsia
- Peacocky – Sky blue with red pearl
- Super – Muted neutral brown
- Temper Tantra – Mid-tone reddish brown
- Flaunting It – Grey mauve
- Love Peck – Blackened blood red
Overall, this is a pretty cool release that’s worth checking out. What’s everyone thinking about Peacocky?