By now you’ve heard about MAC’s new Bloggers’ Obsessions collection coming out (online only) on the 21st. This collection tugs on my heart strings a little bit for a few reasons. I love that a company like MAC took beauty bloggers seriously enough to collaborate with them is a definitely a big deal. MAC has embraced beauty bloggers in a way that no other brand has. Plus my gals definitely created some interesting shades!
- Amber from Beauty Blogging Junkie created Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle!, a deep rusty brown with champagne-colored sparkle.
- Christine from Temptalia created Jealousy Wakes, a seething emerald green with teal and gold pearl.
- Lesley from Lipstick Powder N Paint created Parisian Skies, a muted grey-blue.
- Lianne from The Makeup Girl created Hocus Pocus, a dark sooty grey with silver pearl.
- Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog created Evolution Revolution, a warm peachy pink with subtle purple, green and blue micro glitter.
- Patrice from Afrobella created All Of My Purple Life, a deep purple/grape with subtle sparkle.
- Lilly from Beauty Maverick created Caqui, a persimmon orange.
- Aileen from The Shades of U created Sonoran Rain, a deep coral-red with gold and silver pearl.
- Wendy from Nitrolicious created Nitro:licious 2046, an intense shiny red.
I was one of the bloggers invited to submit my ideas for this collection. While my ideas were not chosen, I thought it would be fun to show you what I submitted. For me it was all about going back to my MAC favorites and putting a spin on them. My eyeshadow was based on my favorite discontinued shade Dovefeather and gloss was inspired by my first MAC purchases ever; Desire and Lust Lip Glass.
Are you ordering anything from this collection? I hear Parisian Skies calling my name, it reminds me of Dovefeather a lot only with more blue in it. I think I may need Caqui in my life as well. If you were to create an eyeshadow or lipgloss, what kind of shade would you create?