Remember when we peeked inside the makeup bags of our fellow beauty blogging ladies? We had so much fun with that so we decided to bring it back on a regular basis. Once or twice a month we will be taking a peek into the makeup bags of fellow bloggers and others in the beauty industry.
Today I’m very excited to share with you a peek inside Eva Chen’s makeup bag. Eva is a beauty editor at Teen Vogue and she’s also on Twitter showing us sneak peeks at products she’s testing out. Her tweets are among my favorites, there’s always a glimpse into something coming soon with Eva. You can find her on Twitter as @evachen212.
Here’s what Eva says about her makeup bag…
They say a purse should only be 10 percent of your body weight… But in my case, it’s more like 100 percent! I’m pretty much a walking Sephora, carrying ridiculous amounts of beauty products with me at all times.
- Mark The Big Fix Balm: When they say multi-purpose, they’re not kidding! I typically use this on my lips or‹during allergy season which, honestly, is pretty much every season for me‹on my sad, chapped nose! In a pinch, I’ve even used this as an eyeshadow of sorts. It gives a nice sheen to lids!
- Boscia Blotting Papers: I’m a big believer in blotting papers. I go through these like water‹they take away the shine but leave your makeup intact. And I like that they’re not powdered, as many blotting papers are.
- Alcone Makeup Wipes: Good in a pinch! I feel like I rarely use these myself, though. I end up giving them to That Girl who has crazy feathery bleeding lips, raccoon eyes, or other makeup mishaps. What can I say, I’m a good beauty samaritan! 🙂
- Shu Uemera Eyelash Curler: There’s a reason why this is THE gold standard in curlers. Because it is, quite simply, the best. I have the straightest, most anemic lashes ever and live in constant fear that they’ll uncurl (which often happens when I test new mascaras out!). This curler keeps my lashes in fighting form!
- CoverGirl Lash Blast Length: I’m always asked for mascara recommendations and people always expect me to say X, Y, or Z fancypants brand. No way! I love this mascara like I love… Shopping! (Which is a lot). It leaves lashes perfectly defined, eons longer, and yet totally natural-looking. I can’t live without this mascara.
- Deborah Lippmann The Stripper Nailpolish Remover Pads: Along with the rest of the world, I’ve been on this crazy nailpolish kick for the last few years. But I cannot STAND the look of chipped nails. To me, chipped nails = chipped heart. Okay, maybe that was a bit melodramatic. But seriously, I do think it looks sloppy. And while undone is chic, sloppy is not. If I spot a chip, wooshwoosh, it’s immediately gone.
- Oscillococcinum: I can’t pronounce it, but this stuff keeps me‹who has the weakest immune system ever‹from getting sicker when I’m feel under the weather.
- Clinique All About Eyes Serum: I don’t understand why every single eye cream out there isn’t in a cool rollerball format. I love this product because it depuffs and tightens, but also because it feels so dang refreshing. Great while flying!
- Essie The Cuticle Pen: When I’m stuck in traffic, I condition my cuticles. Luckily for my cuticles, I’m frequently stuck in traffic!
- Foot Petals: I don’t think there’s anything worse than footpain (or chipped nails. Or ragged cuticles, see above). And since I wear the least practical shoes ever and, like most New Yorkers, love to walk, I need to carry these in my bag… Someone should invent a pair of ballet flats that can be shrunken down to the size of a postage stamp and expands with a drop of water (like those t-shirts or sponges!). If they made those, man, I would so buy stock in that company!
- Burt’s Bees Naturally Ageless Hand Cream: Luckily I don’t have crepey, wrinkly hands (yet), but I love the floral-fruity scent of this hand cream. While I’m on the topic of Burt’s Bees, I must add that I love their natural toothpastes. But clearly I’m not carrying that around in my handbag (again: yet).
- Clean Well Hand Sanitizer: The way some people are knowledgeable about wine, geography, or Greek mythology… I am knowledgeable about hand sanitizers. I practically have a PhD in hand sanitizers. I love this one because a) it’s spray and doesn’t leave that sticky gel-y feeling and b) it’s natural and smells it. Yum!
- Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer in Sun Glow: Sometimes I think that this blush was made for me. It’s the perfect subtle rose-gold, great for the last days of summer. I have dry cheeks and the mousse formula works well for me.
- Lipstick Queen in Jean Queen: 9 out of 10 beauty editors agree: this is the perfect, perfect, perfect rose hue! Okay, perhaps I embellished that statistic, but this product is truly gorgeous and works on EVERYONE. It’s a sheer rose pink and leaves lips looking luscious and ripe. I have one in every handbag and won’t leave the house without it!
Are any of Eva’s faves in your bag? Let us know in the comments.