As much as I love living in the Midwest, the winters are harsh and I always look forward to spending the holidays with my family in Florida. I can’t wait to trade-in my winter coat (which some have mistaken for an extreme-weather sleeping bag) for some flip-flops. Since Thanksgiving I have been setting aside what I’ll be packing in excited anticipation of my trip. Below is a list of what will be in my travel bag (while leaving room for some vacation shopping!) Are you heading someplace warm for the holidays?
1. I’ve been wearing Toms shoes for years because I love how comfortable they are and it’s easy to justify buying a pair of shoes when your purchase helps someone in need! I love the colors of this striped pair, which will look great with jean shorts and a tank or short sundress.
2. I love being tan just as much as the next sun-worshipping gal, but is important to protect skin from damaging rays. Clinique has great sunscreens for face and body that won’t clog pores or leave you feeling greasy.
3. I’m glad the chambray shirt is making a comeback – it travels well and can be paired with anything. I’ll use it as a beach cover-up or tie it up over a maxi dress and add some bangles.
4. I don’t like to wear a lot of make up when I’m on a vacation…skin needs a break too! Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine is ultra-moisturizing and gives lips a natural-looking tint.
5. I hate spending time blow-drying my hair – especially in hot climates when it’s just going to frizz up. Bumble and Bumble’s Curl Conscious Reactivating Mist is a must-have for my travel case. This spray works with hair’s natural wave to give soft curls. I just spritz it on damp ends and go, no heat or styling required!
6. J. Crew knows what it’s doing when it comes to bikinis. Their shapes are classic and colors can easily be mixed and matched for a new look. I love pairing their basic blues with printed styles I already own.