Q-tips are one of the greatest inventions, ever. I use them every day. I always have a full box of back-up box in the event I run out. It’s just like toilet paper. You only have to run out once (without back-up) to never let that happen again. Total necessity, guys.
My obsessive need for Q-tips has reached a new level with the new Q-tips Precision Tips. It’s opened a whole new world of function, especially in the beauty routine, with the dual-ended tapered tip. The question isn’t what can you do with these, but rather, what can’t you do? Seriously, a box of these belongs in every room of the house. At least every bathroom!
The Top 10 Ways I Get My Q-tip Precision Tip On:
Extending my eyeliner into a perfect “kitten” eye. It’s like the juniors version of a cat eye. I extend my eyeliner out just a bit and use the Precision Tip to clean it up and taper it out.
- Brow tamer. Dab a little balm (I like One Love Organics Skin Savior) on the edge and tame away strays.
- Applicator. It can fill in in a pinch for eyeshadow, concealer, pot of lip gloss (I hate sticking my fingers in pots of gloss!)
- Smoky-eye enabler. This tapered end makes it easier to blend eyeliner out around the rims. Plus, it’s disposable so if you’re traveling and don’t want to pack all of your brushes, this works great. AND…you can just toss and go.
- Lipstick helper. I’m terrible about using a lip brush. I prefer to apply and clean up after. Usually I can get it perfect —- and when I can’t, I use these. Also nice to touch-up in the corners of the mouth which can build up with product.
- DIY Mani-Pedi. Dampen the end of the Precision Tip with nail polish remover and erasing mistakes is easy as pie. This might be favorite use for these!
- Blemish buster. Break the habit of using your fingers to apply acne spot treatment and use a Q-tip instead. If you do this on the go, use the other end to dab a concealer on the blemish. The pointed edge makes it easy to target.
- To clean the computer. These are perfect for cleaning my laptop keyboard and getting in between the keys.
- Duster. While the Keurig brews or I wait for my bagel to toast, I use these to clean. My baseboards have never looked better.
- For the poochie. I have a Boston Terrier. She has crevices. I use these to clean in and around her adorable face wrinkles!
Bonus tip: Stash these in your makeup bag in your purse (I use the Target brand to-go q-tip case and refill it). If you need these for any of the above on the go, you’ll be glad you have them. And, if your eyeshadow creases or mascara transfers, I like to use these instead of my fingers to prevent the spread of bacteria from your fingers to your face.
Any uses of your own to share? For more tips, check out Q-tips on Facebook.
Disclosure: I was provided with Q-tips® Precision Tips™ cotton swabs, a $25 American Express gift card and information about the product by Rocket XL. All opinions are 100% my own.