Nutrisystem Nation: Week 2

I had a feeling I wouldn’t do so well on my week 2 weigh in on Nutrisystem, I gained 1lb. I was disappointed when I stepped off the scale but this wasn’t unexpected. I do fine when I’m at work. I take my breakfast, lunch and add-ons to work with me and behave myself but after work is when things get more difficult for me. I went out to dinner a few times and the choices I made definitely caught up with me. I also did not focus on how much water I was drinking and didn’t write down what I was eating, which both things are super important to do. I always do better when I write everything down.

With that said, I still feel good about what I’ve accomplished so far. I’ve lost 12.2lbs in one month. While it’s not the 20lbs. a month I aimed for, there have been other small victories that are just as important as what the number on the scale is. I’m on the verge of crossing into a weight range that I have not been at in a very long time and I’m feeling really hopeful and excited about that. Plus, I can always aim for that figure next month. If I do reach that goal, there’s a bottle of Tom Ford Champaca Absolut perfume at Nordstrom with my name on it… I just visited it yesterday. ;)

As for the other small victories, I’ve felt better physically than I have in a long time. For awhile, the not so healthy things I would normally indulge in just left me feeling like I was hit by a train or something, I would have awful indigestion or heartburn that would keep me up at night sometimes. I have not had that problem in all of my time on Nutrisystem, I just feel good, normal, fine. I also  have type 2 diabetes and have never really taken care of myself like I should for my condition. For the first time in years, my blood sugar levels are within normal range thanks to diet and medication. Often the medication wasn’t enough and I never ate to stay within range… that’s not a problem now!

I have to rave about the food again because it really does surprise me every time I try something new. My moment of awe last week was when I put the Asian Style Beef entrée in the microwave. When I took it out and tasted it, I was totally shocked. The beef tasted fresh! You know how sometimes meat in microwave entrees just has an odd taste or texture like its been put through the ringer? Not with this entrée, the beef was tender and tasted fresh as if I cooked it myself and tossed it in. Color me impressed… all I need is for them to introduce Chicken Piccata and I will be one happy gal.

My 3rd weigh in later this afternoon. I feel better about it than last weeks weigh-in. I’ll keep you posted, planning to do my week 3 post much sooner than this one because I’m already going to start week 4… I’m just perpetually late with everything.

Would you like to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem too? Visit Nutrisystem today or call 1-888-853-4689. Nutrisystem is providing their program and support services free of charge for my participation in the Nutrisystem Nation Blogging Program.

9 Responses to “Nutrisystem Nation: Week 2”

1. Trisha says:

Hey, you’re doing great. Don’t let that 1 pound get you down. Just get back on the wagon. 12 pounds is great for one month. And yes, as always, I’m jealous.

• Carla says:

Thanks lady! I was bummed at 1st but I’m OK now. Just have to adjust my tude. :) Did you email them?

• Trisha says:

Yep! She asked me some questions and then said to email back in the beginning of April. Hopefully I’ll be off the waiting list then.

2. Persephone says:

Wow 12 lbs in one month sounds awesome!! I am wondering did they conatct you to sponsor you or did you email them? I am wondering because I don’t want to email them & sound cheeky like “Hi I want free stuff” lol I don’t really know how I would word it if I email them…I am struggling with weight gain after the birth of my son. Ya, that’s right AFTER the birth. They all say breatfeeding melts away your fat blah blah blah. However even though I eat pretty much healthy foods, I have gained weight since I have been breastfeeding. Well, shortly after he was born I cut out sugar from my diet except for natural sugars from fruit & dropped 15lbs pretty quickly. After a few weeks of that though I started getting really sick, like shaky, dizzy, faint & my body temp just dropped to 94degrees one night. It was horrible & it went away as soon as I started eating sugar again. However I immediatley packed on more weight than had right after his birth!! When I went to got my blood sugar tested it was normal? IDK but diets kinda scare me now. I’m not diabetic or anything that I know of but I was told those were low blood sugar type symptoms. I am reaching a point though where I am about willing to try anything that’s safe while breastfeeding…..(sorry that was way long!)

3. Carol says:

I am on a similar journey, except with Weight Watchers! 12.2 lbs is great! Just remember….baby steps will get us to our goal! And when you have a bad day, just start anew the next day and don’t let the previous day get you down! I need to lose about 80 pounds but I set my goal in smaller increments because 80 pounds seems so far away. I’m at 16 now….I enjoy your blog and keep up with good work!

4. 12 lbs. in a month is awesome Carla! You’re doing great!!

5. Nancy says:

Carla, you’re doing great! I officially start *tomorrow*, so I’m trying to read up and meal plan today. I hope I can start off as well as you did! :-)