You may have noticed that I the Nutrisystem updates have not been happening lately. Well, I fell off the wagon and I fell hard. I have spent the last few months or so eating my feelings instead of taking care of myself and the result was gaining the weight I worked so hard to get off.
Now I am fully recommitting myself to Nutrisystem and owning up to my gain. I admit, I was ashamed to admit to you all that I failed but part of being accountable during this process is blogging about it so there you have it. Now I’m back on the program, trying to take better care of my body and not eating my feelings away with Starbucks Cake Pops and chicken piccata as I was doing for the last few months.
With that said, I’ve stocked up on my fruits, vegetables, carb and protein portions for the week but I have a new obsession I wanted to talk about and it is plain old, simple water. It all started when a PR gal sent me a case of Hint Naturally Flavored Water. Hint has zero calories and it has none of that artificial sweetness you get with other sugar-free beverages. You know that fake sweetness I’m talking about. With Hint, it seems natural. It is as if someone left some watermelon, cucumber or pear slices just chillin’ in some water and the result is Hint. Since then, I have picked up some cases for work but at home I have been slicing up lemons and oranges and putting them in my Britta pitcher. The result is fantastic, it reminds me of Paris when we visited a Clarins boutique and they had the most amazing spa water. I have been driving my friends and family crazy with my special water urging them to drink it.
This water got me thinking of my favorite “on the wagon” diet favorites. If you’re trying Nutrisystem for the first time, the choices might be overwhelming. What do you choose? I’ll give you a little breakdown of my favorites on the program, the things I have in my pantry now and am coming back to. Maybe it will help make your decision a little easier.
- Cinnamon Bun Bar – I’m not a cinnamon roll or cinnamon bun type of gal but the combination of the icing and the crunchiness of this bar with a cup of coffee hits the spot.
- Breakfast Burrito – this is my favorite Nutrisystem breakfast hands down, if I didn’t know this was on the program, I wouldn’t believe it was lo-cal.
- Crispy Rice Cereal – you can’t really go wrong with this, it is a classic. It is not sweetened and I usually go for this when I’m not using my dairy portion on a non-fat latte.
- Vegetable Beef Soup – I’m a big vegetable beef soup gal and this hits the spot without all the calories of my old go-to canned soup.
- Steak and Cheese Melt -this is another thing I wouldn’t think was lo-cal if I didn’t know it was from Nutrisystem. It smells so good while you’re heating it up and satisfies the ooey-gooey cheesy craving.
- Mexican Style Tortilla Soup – sometimes dehydrated soups are hit or miss, this one is the best one out of all of the ones I’ve tried. The spice isn’t overwhelming and I like the tortilla strips in it.
- Salisbury Steak with Macaroni and Cheese – I don’t crave macaroni and cheese often but when I do, I know I can count on this entree. Plus the sauce in this entree is delicious!
- Glazed Chicken Tenders – the frozen entrees are someone what new to Nutrisystem and this is the entree that has impressed me the most. It is tasty and most of all – fresh!
- Rotini with Meatballs and Tomato Sauce – I happen to think Nutrisystem’s tomato sauce based entrees are the best ones and this one is my favorite out of all of them.
- Butter Flavored Popcorn – can you really screw up popcorn? I think not, I actually prefer the fake buttery flavor of it to say, Popcorn Indiana.
- Almond Biscotti – sometimes I switch this up for breakfast with a latte. You wouldn’t be able to tell that this was a Nutrisystem dessert if it was on a platter.
- Creamy Fudge Bar – another classic. Some of the frozen desserts have a little bit of a odd after taste but this one doesn’t. It’s my favorite dessert on the program.
One thing about the program that amazes me is how its participants can take an entree and use it as an ingredient. I’m not creative enough for that, it wouldn’t have occurred in a million years for me to do that. I think I’m going to be spending more time on their message boards hunting for a recipe that I want to try because I can’t have my favorites all the time.
So it’s back on the diet wagon for me today. All I can think about today is what I can’t have but I keep telling myself “I can do this” over and over again in the hopes that it will stick. I still feel like feeding my feelings but I’m trying to turn over a new leaf and not rely on my old standby to feel better about myself. My motivation and encouragement is not what it use to be but I’m going to get it back, I just need that one good weigh in to keep me going.
Would you like to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem too? Visit Nutrisystem today or call 1-888-853-4689. Nutrisystem is providing their program and support services free of charge for my participation in the Nutrisystem Nation Blogging Program.