On counters this month is a new Estee Lauder collection honoring the smokey eye and the darkest lashes possible. The Blacker than Black collection features six (!) mascaras, the signature Black Smoke eyeshadow quad and the Double Wear Eye Pencil in Onyx. Basically your toolbox for creating a sultry smokey eye.
This is a serious mascara lineup – the formulas Estee fans know and love but in new, intense jet black shades. There is nothing subtle about them, making them perfect for creating a dramatic eye.
- TurboLash in Turbo Black – limited edition
- Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara in Bold Black – limited edition
- Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara in Blacker Black – limited edition
- Projectionist in Jet Black – limited edition
- Magnascopic in Black
- More than Mascara in More Black
While the mascaras are clearly the stars of this collection, you can’t have a smokey eye without the smoke. And ladies, the Double Wear Eye Pencils create some serious smoke. I’ve been using this pencil for the past month and think it is arguably one of the best formulas of pencil eyeliner out there. It’s creamy and easy to work with and once it sets, it sets!
What do you think about this collection? I like that it’s centered around mascara. And I am loving the promo image – right down to the black glove!