NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils, officially launching February 1, is a product you need. NARS took everything we loved about the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil and swapped the formula with one that provides luminosity and shine. The formula is lightweight and enriched with Vitamin E, giving them a smooth, slightly moisturizing feel.
There are six available shades:
- Baroque – A bold raspberry sorbet shade; the type of regal color frequently associated with its namesake artistic style.
- Happy Days – A fresh pink coral infused with gold shimmer that’s as flirty and fun-loving as the TV sitcom its name is inspired by.
- New Lover – A strawberry pink, laced with gold that mimics the look of overly-kissed lips.
- Frivolous – A flirty and frothy iridescent seashell pink, that is anything but serious.
- Hopi – A honey beige hue inspired by the Native American tribe of northeastern Arizona.
- Club Mix – A sheer grape color that’s sophisticated enough for day, but seductive enough for a night on the town.
I stumbled upon this product at Nordstrom earlier this week and snagged the shade Frivolous. I am obsessed with this shade, a fresh-looking pink, and I absolutely love the formula. It gives lips the perfect glazed, dewy lip. This not a heavy gloss at all, and wear time is good. I love it on its own, but it’s also the perfect layer over NARS Pure Matte lipstick (my go-to shade is Tashkent).
The Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils are $24 each. While that’s not a bargain lip, this product is worth every penny. To see them in action, check out the NARS Velvet Gloss Pencil “feature” film on their Facebook page.