Very exciting news for NARS fans! The brand is launching a new, super-creamy eye pencil called Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner. When we caught our first glimpse at these eyeliners, we were excited. The colors were so vibrant, and the pencils glide on with just the softest touch. NARS formulated them to be super-creamy and very long-wearing (a purported 12 hours!)
And the fun part? NARS named the nine shades after the most iconic streets in the world. Here’s the color story and the street-spiration:
- Via Veneto (deep black) – One of the most famous streets in Rome, Italy. Federico Fellini’s classic 1960 film La Dolce Vita was mostly centered around the Via Veneto area.
- Santa Monica Blvd (crisp white) – One of the most famous streets in Los Angeles County.
- Via Appia (copper brown) – One of the earliest and strategically most important Roman roads of the ancient republic.
- Abbey Road (iridescent turquoise) A street in London, England, after which the Beatles named one of their albums.
- Bourbon Street (festive purple) – A famous and historic street that spans the length of the French Quarter in New Orleans.
- Rue Bonaparte (light almond) – Laid down in the 16th Century, this French street accommodated some very fine distinctive mansions. Today it is an upscale home to fashion shops.
- Rue Saint-Honoré (deep royal blue) – The rue Saint-Honoré is an ancient street in the 1st arrondissement of Paris, France. It is named after the collegial Saint-Honoré church situated in ancient times within the cloisters of Saint-Honoré.
- Madison Avenue (slate gray) – An avenue in New York City, that’s name has been synonymous with the American advertising industry since the 1920s.
- Rue de Rivoli (metallic forest green) – One of the most famous streets of Paris that features some of the most fashionable shops in the world.
I can’t wait to get my hands on Rue de Rivoli and Rue Bonaparte! In fact, I think they’d be beautiful together. What about you? Any Larger than Life pencils sticking out to you? And do you, too, have the Backstreet Boys song of the same name playing on repeat in your head?!