Moroccan Oil Treatment: Hair Must Have

If you’re looking for a product to condition tresses and tame frizz, get to know Moroccan Oil Treatment. It’s the perfect hair multi-tasker and it has become a staple in my hair product arsenal. If there’s one thing that I do every day, it’s applying Moroccan Oil. It makes my hair feel softer and it smooths everything out making styling much, much easier.

moroccan-oil-treatment To use Moroccan Oil, you apply a small amount to damp hair then style hair as usual. The key here is to not be heavy handed because just a little Moroccan Oil goes a very long way. Seriously, a really long way… I’ve been using this since mid-May and I still have 3/4 of a bottle worth of product by using a nickel size dollop at a time on my thick, course hair. Considering how long a bottle of Moroccan Oil last, this definitely makes the price of the bottle a little more reasonable.

What makes Moroccan Oil a multi-tasking product is that in addition to adding instant shine and taming frizz, the product also conditions and protects hair against heat. In fact, one of Moroccan Oil’s suggested uses is to apply the product before coloring (and not rinsing hair) and then mixing product into the color mixture. This is said to help the hair shaft absorb the color or bleacher easier, enhance shine, elasticity and depth of color. I haven’t tried that yet but with the results I’m seeing so far, it’s my next step. :)

Of course I love the shine and smoothness but my absolutely favorite thing about Moroccan Oil is how it makes my hair smell. It has a musky scent that is just like my ideal men’s cologne, it’s not overly masculine, has a touch of sweetness and does not conflict with any perfume I may wear. Blow drying and styling my hair has been a little more enjoyable lately thanks to this.

Have you used Moroccan Oil Treatment? What did you think? How has it improved your hair? Let us know in the comments.

10 Responses to “Moroccan Oil Treatment: Hair Must Have”

1. Suka & Spice says:

i haven’t used it..but was wondering–did you pick it up locally, or order it online? i’ve been dying to get my hands on some!

• Carla says:

Hey Lady! I was sent a sample (that doesn’t change a word of what I said though!) but I do know you get can get it locally. James Alan Salon on 185th & Aurora sells the oil. If you go there, tell them Vania’s sister’s blog sent you. ;)

2. Maurissa says:

I have Moroccan Oil, and I adore it! It is a tad expensive, but it is well worth it, and it lasts quite a while. It doesn’t take much to make it silky and pretty. My hair is so soft, and my boyfriend loves the smell. :-)

• Carla says:

Hi Maurissa! I definitely feel it’s worth it too. If you compare how much you use and get in a bottle, it makes it easier to swallow. ;)

3. knownever says:

Carol’s Daughter makes beautifully scented hair oils. Khoret Amen is my favorite!

4. [...] Why Moroccan Oil Treatment is a hair must-have [Product Girl] [...]

5. Donna says:

I love, love, love this stuff! I purchase it at my hair salon usually about once a year. I have also tried the Moroccan oil treatment at my hair salon and love that, but usually have to wait for it to be a monthly special. But, since you use so little of the Moroccan Oil Treatment in the bottle, it’s not that expensive – it’s about $40 a bottle here in Vermont. It doesn’t weigh your hair down, just leaves it soft, silky and smelling great! The only “bad” thing I might say about it is your hair might not hold any curl you put in it as long. So..if I want my hair to be extra curly, I don’t use this Moroccan Oil Treatment or I use even less than I usually would. I have long (middle of my back) fine hair that is color treated and tends to frizz in humidity. Hope this helps!

• Carla says:

Hi Donna! I’ve seen the product online for even cheaper. They also make a curl cream you may want to check out. I haven’t used it but my roommate uses it and she loves it. It’s a must for her when she’s wearing a wavy/curly style.