Mascara is one of those beauty products that I wear even on days that I don’t feel like wearing much on my face. Just a quick swipe seems to help tired eyes look bright. At any given moment, I have a handful of mascaras I rotate using.
Here are the ones currently living in my makeup bag:
- Lancôme Hypnose Drama – I’ve been using this mascara a ton lately – reaching for it nearly every morning. I’ve really grown to love it and find it adds plenty of *drama* to my lashes.
- Benefit Bad Gal Plum – Now I know reviews are mixed on the Bad Gal mascaras, but I totally love them – especially the blue and plum. I use the plum a lot with smokey brown eyes, it gives my lashes a little something different.
- Nars Larger than Life Volumizing – I love this one too! It totally lives up to its claim and totally pumps up my lashes. It is waterproof and very difficult to fully remove — and I even remove it with Nars Cleansing Oil! For that reason, it’s my “special occasion” mascara.
- Almay Intense I-Color Bring Out Lengthening – I picked this up in Blue Sapphire on a whim. I’m very “eh” on it, and I actually think that Almay has since repackaged/reformulated/discontinued this specific mascara. It’s a beautiful shade of navy blue but it doesn’t do much for my lashes.
- L’Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting – One side is primer infused with lash boosting serum and the other is the mascara. It’s just OK. I find it difficult to apply because the wands are basically half the size as normal and it can make application difficult. Also, I find that my lashes can get a little flaky looking at times. It’s as though the primer and mascara don’t entirely work together.
Hmm…sounds like I need to ditch the Almay and L’Oreal and bring back my Cover Girl LashBlast! Speaking of, Cover Girl is introducing a brand new mascara, LashBlast Fusion, which both volumizes and lengthens! Isn’t that thrilling?
It should arrive at stores nationwide in April, but if you look onto www.Facebook.com/COVERGIRL starting today you can find out where you can purchase it early! You can also check out its debut at Fashion Week during the Anna Sui show on You Tube.
What about you – any mascaras you’re loving (or not loving) lately? And are you also so excited for LashBlast Fusion?