Last week, Product Girl was in New York to check out The Makeup Show. Last year’s show was a huge success and this year it was even better. In total, the show spanned two days, attracted more than 6,000 people and 60 prestige brands. The list of exhibitors was pretty impressive, including show newbies NARS, Yves Saint Laurent, RMS Beauty, Dermalogica and Kevyn Aucoin to name a few. We both had an incredible time at the show — shopping our tails off and spending some quality time together over a long weekend. Believe it or not, Laurie’s been contributing to Product Girl and talking me off beauty ledges for over a year and a half now and we have never met face-to-face.
We thought we’d share a few highlights from the show with you and give you a glimpse at some of our favorite things we took home. Many brands debuted new items and some even previewed upcoming launches (uh-huh, NARS!). For me, I was all about hitting up the Becca Cosmetics, RMS and OCC booths and that’s where I spent most of my money this year.
Here’s a look at my haul:
- I went for Becca Beach Tints in Fig, Guava, Apricot, Watermelon and Grapefruit… the limited edition Apricot is only available in Becca’s Beach Tint Trio set that includes Watermelon and Grapefruit. Also opted for Becca’s Professional Brush Soap, Nail Polish in Tangerine Dream and Dancing Barefoot, and Mineral Bronzing/Highlighter Duo not pictured because I started using it right away!
- Stocked up on some RMS, shown here is the RMS Beauty Raw Coconut Cream, Un-Cover Up, Living Luminizer and Lip2Cheek Cream in Smile.
- At OCC, I picked up the new OCC Tint, OCC Loose Color in Distortion and Lip Tars in Lo-Fi, Beta, Strutter, Tone and Interlace.
I did get a few other things at Bergdorf Goodman’s while I was in New York but more on that later… now here’s a look at Laurie’s haul:
Makeup For Ever, in addition to boasting crazy lines at their booth, showcased the new Aqua Liners which should be added to your summer makeup wardrobe stat!
We spent some time chatting with Rose-Marie Swift of RMS Beauty, and fell even more in love with her organic beauty line. Not only are her products amazing, she is wonderful! We both picked up her Raw Coconut Cream which has infinite uses. We’re embarking on the challenge now, stay tuned.
- Becca Cosmetics is shutting it down with nail color this summer. I’m already obsessed with Dancing Barefoot! And I also picked up Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. How have I lived 28 years without this?
We both discovered Parian Spirit Blush Cleanser — a pro artist must-have. It smells of oranges (yum), gets everything off with practically no dry-time and is safe for brushes.
NARS was a first-timer at the show, and while they weren’t selling anything, they did preview their Fall collection, the new Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliners and the new concealers. These eyeliners are a welcome addition to the line, and we can’t wait to officially test them out! There’s a nude pencil in there that we’re already going crazy over.
The ladies at Sue Devitt pampered us with the Microquatic Marine Crystal Collagen Mask. The ultimate, medical-grade mask that transforms and heals skin after sun exposure, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, etc. Laurie walked around for a good 30 minutes with two slabs underneath her eyes and felt like a brand new woman once she took them off.
- Makeup For Ever, in addition to boasting crazy lines at their booth, showcased the new Aqua Liners which should be added to your summer makeup wardrobe stat!
If you ever have the chance to go to The Makeup Show — pro artist or not — you should. There are so many seminars and educational offerings, and it’s a great way to network. We hope to make this an annual thing! Oh, and lucky Laurie, The Makeup Show is coming to Chicago this year.