It’s been awhile since we introduced our What’s in Her Makeup Bag feature but it’s back now! This time we’re taking a peek into the makeup bag of Stila’s own Sarah Lucero.
Sarah is one of Stila’s pro makeup artists. If you watched E! during awards season, you probably saw one of Sarah’s TV spots she did for the network. She gave the gals from The Hills Mad Men style makeovers (how gorgeous did Lo look??) and also used Stila’s E! Live from the Red Carpet palettes during some of her makeovers.
I am so happy that Sarah agreed to show us what’s in her makeup bag because she is such an amazing artist and I have to admit that I’m always curious about what a professional makeup artist carries around with them in their off hours. Sarah is the first lead artist for a brand that I have met, which is a bit intimidating for me but she puts you right at ease and is such a sweetheart. I was actually shocked that she remembered who I was when I saw her the second time! 🙂
Keep reading to see what’s in Sarah’s makeup bag.
OK, I took some picture of my favorite Rebecca Minkoff makeup pouch! It’s pink and turquoise tie die leather and fits everything I need for on the go. I don’t wear too much makeup and I do tend to wear the same look when I do my makeup, but lately I’ve added a few new liners to the mix! My must have products are:
- Stila Bronzing Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20: I don’t wear sunscreen or moisturizer during the day so this does it all for me in one product. I slather it all over the palms of my hands and press onto my face. This is my foundation and bronzing cream in one. It takes me 5 seconds.
- Nuxe Complexion Multi-Perfecting Retouch: I discovered this amazing concealer and complexion touch up product on a recent trip to Toronto. It’s hard to find here in the States but you can always order it online. I wear the shade 2 under my eyes and around my nose and chin. It creates the smoothest sating texture and looks like you have perfect skin. It pumps up from the bottom and product pumps out through the brush applicator. I use is on models all the time. They make shade 1 and shade 2 only…but it’s all you need.
- #33 Stila One Step Brush: I love this to create flawless skin or blend in cream blush, I usually tend to use my fingertips to apply everything and this brush works as an eraser if I get messy and need to blend something in fast.
- Stila Peony Convertible Color: I’ve worn this product and this shade for 10 years now! I don’t know what I would do if Stila stopped making this color. It’s my favorite thing ever and I don’t feel like myself until I have applied several coats of Peony Convertible Color, you can’t over-do it fortunately!
- Stila Glamoureyes Mascara: this is the best black and very creamy to build thick looking lashes on top and bottom. When I really want to glam out my lashes and get some extra bulk and build, I use my favorite Shiseido The Makeup Mascara Base, it is a lash primer that works like nothing else on the market. I learned about this product early on in my career from my makeup mentor and have bought up every last tube I can find. I noticed the company recently repackaged this product and I noticed the formula is slightly different which is not bad just a little different. I’m happy to have hoarded as many old tubes as I could find!
- Stila Stay All day Waterproof Liquid Liners in Navy and Chocolate Brown: I love wearing a cat eye look everyday. It is easy and defines my eyes. I tend to do my makeup in the morning and sometimes won’t get a chance to look in the mirror all day so when I do glance at myself I like to know my makeup is still on and not be caught off guard with my eye liner smearing off mid-day. Navy is a cool shade to wear this spring.
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso: I like to brush this tinted gel through my eyebrows to create a fuller brow look, I don’t like to fill in my brows too much as I like them to look natural but I’m so thankful for this brow product. I always have her tweezers with me too.
- Stila Plumping Lip Glaze in Melon Mint: this is the best shade for gloss and a soft tint, plus it plumps my lips and I like that!
- Stila Long Wear Liquid Lip Color in Petal: this bright pale pink lip color is perfect for my TV spots. I feel it makes my teeth look whiter and it does not come off. I always wear Petal when I’m doing beauty segments.
- Weleda Skin Food Cream: I buy this at Whole Foods and use it on cheekbones as skin gloss and as hand cream. They make nice travel size tubes too.
- Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream: I’m a junkie for exclusive packages and Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream had many fun anniversary size tubes and jars of my favorite product. This is a small tin of 8 Hour Cream I ordered online, it is the perfect size and texture of 8 Hour Cream for me to use on myself or backstage at Fashion Week.
- Vintage Stila: I can’t let go of my Stila Eye Gloss in Champagne and All Over Shimmer Cream in Beige…I love these and always tell the Stila team to relaunch! Basically I love anything glossy, creamy, easy to apply with fingertips, and products that make my skin glow! Easy enough, right?
- Hair Accessory: I love head bands and hair jewelry. I always keep a cool piece in my makeup bag to fix up my look if needed while I’m on the go. My friend makes beautiful hair pieces and her company is called EDDERA, very boho chic style and classic. I also love to wear Sogoli strands in my hair as headbands. Both brands are available at Fred Segal in Santa Monica.
We have some exciting makeup bag peeks coming up from Smashbox’s Lori Taylor, Butter London’s Nonie Creme, Nordstrom Beauty Director Cheri Botiz so make sure you stay tuned.
Who’s makeup bag would you like to peek into? We’ll see if we can make that happen.