Today we’re taking a look inside Nonie Creme’s makeup bag, Nonie is the founding creative director for Butter London. If you haven’t noticed, I’m a big Butter London fan and a big fan of Nonie’s in particular. The woman is just amazing, she’s super creative. Remember those nail polish rings from Vena Cava during Fashion Week in February? That was Nonie’s doing. She’s a staple at Fashion Week creating nail designs for Betsey Johnson, Victoria Beckham, Vena Cava and Alexander Wang. I had a chance to meet her last fall when Butter London debuted in Nordstrom and we chatted about the brand’s spring collection. She is really sweet and I love that she engages with Butter London’s followers on Twitter. It is obvious that she loves what she does and that kind of enthusiasm is contagious.
Keep reading to see what is in Nonie’s makeup bag in her own words.
I am all about two things when it comes to makeup, colour and ease. I’m terribly lazy about my face, and rely on Botox, Fillers, and TCA peels to do most of the work, so that I don’t have to! Painful and expensive? Yep. But, if it means an extra 30 min in bed each day, count me in. My makeup bag essentials are:
- butter LONDON nail lacquer of course! I am known to carry lacquers with me everywhere, and will paint my nails or anyone else’s in cars, bars, and anywhere the mood strikes me. They are also excellent bribes for doormen, concierges, and bank tellers, and preschool teachers… Today I have Lady Muck, Union Jack Black, and Rosie Lee in my purse.
- Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 – rich, smooth, and super-high SPF that’s surprisingly hard to find in a moisturizer. Leaves my face a bit glowy, which hides small spots and discoloration.
- Jane Iredale Pressed Mineral Powder - after my moisturizer settles, I whisk some of this everywhere to remove obvious shine.
- Lime Azure by Tom Ford – I am a scent fanatic! I never leave home without my fragrance. I can only wear men’s or unisex for some reason. Who wants to smell like a girl when you can smell like a sexy man all day?!
- Fusion Beauty LashFusion XL Instant Lash Volumizer - since becoming the poster child for Latisse, I am now obsessed with mascara. This stuff extends my lashes up to my eyebrows – awesome!
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer - for emergency spots and blemishes. Why does this still happen to me – I’m 39, WTF?
- MAC Paint Pot in Blackground - I can’t be bothered to carry a bunch of brushes or tools around with me, so anything can can be applied with fingers is fab. Using my pinky, I rub this all over my lid and into my eyelashes, top and bottom for an instant smoky/slept-in-it-eye.
- Stila Convertible Eye Colour in Onyx – this is another great, black liner/shadow with a blending tool on one end, so nothing extra to carry. Run it all around inner lids and lash line to finish off the smoky eye above.
- AND FINALLY – My new love – No More Waity Katie the LIP GLOSS, by butter LONDON – this soft, lilac glitter infused gloss is much more subtle than the lacquer, but when the light hits it, my lips look noticeably fuller and slightly lavender/twinkly. I love it! I feel super sexy, to be honest!
When I got the email from Nonie with makeup bag and her picks, I wanted to head straight to a Tom Ford counter to smell Lime Azure. Doesn’t a lime note and Tom Ford sound like a match made in heaven? For a gal like me who’s venturing over into masculine scents lately, it definitely does. And it’s official… I’ve seen Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer mentioned enough times now that I no longer have reasons to not pick this up. Have you tried a Butter London polish yet? If not, check Nordstrom and Ulta, the brand has expanded recently and is now more readily available. In the meantime, make sure you follow @butterLONDON and @noniecreme on Twitter and Like them on Facebook!
Is anything in Nonie’s makeup bag also in your makeup bag? What do you think of our “What’s in Her Bag?” series? I hope you’re liking it. Let me know if there’s someone who’s makeup bag you want to peak into!