This week we’re taking a look inside the makeup bag of none other than Lori Taylor, one of Smashbox’s Pro Makeup Artists. I had the pleasure of meeting her a few weeks ago at Nordstrom’s Spring Trend Show and she was kind enough to tell us what’s inside her makeup bag and why.
Lori and I chatted about what’s ahead for Smashbox in the summer and beyond. If you’re a lip stain addict like me, you’ll be happy to know that Smashbox is introducing lip stains to their line up next month… you know I’ll definitely be checking those out. They also just released their Softbox collection online which should be heading into stores soon. I have my eye on their Softbox Eye Shadow palette, Smashbox is on a roll with their eyeshadow palettes lately. I’m still enjoying their In Bloom Eye Shadow palette from their spring, which I’ll have more on that soon with swatches. For now, let’s see what Lori has in her makeup bag.
- Smashbox Blush Rush in Paradise - I love the warmth that this blush applies to the skin it’s almost sun kissed.
- Smashbox Bionic Mascara – I have short nubby lashes to I love any type of rich black thickening mascara.
- Smashbox Cream Eye Liner Palette in Metallic – these liner can do double duty as cream shadows.
- Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Starlit – the prefect sheer red to wake up the complexion.
- Smashbox Limitless Long Wear Lip Gloss in Boundless – sometimes I just love a sheer was of peach on the lips and this gloss last a long time!
- Smashbox Lip Treatment – I have the driest lips in town and this lip treatment taste like honey and has SPF to boot!
- Smashbox High Definition High Definition Liquid Concealer – this concealer dose double duty as my foundation because its build able and melts into the skin.
- Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx – when I’m feeling like a little more is needed I just rim my eyes with this.
So there you have it. Are any of Lori’s items in your makeup bag? Did you notice her earrings? That was the first thing I noticed when I met her, I loved them immediately. She also had on this amazing chunky bracelet that was like a collage of eyes, I have a blurry shot of it here that gives you an idea of what it looked like. The earrings she is wearing use to belong to Katy Perry, they were a gift from a friend who worked with Ms. Perry. I can’t pull those off but Lori makes it look effortless.
Check back with us next week! Butter London’s Nonie Creme is letting us peek inside her makeup bag and the week after we’ll be looking at Nordstrom Beauty Director (also known as my dream job) Cheri Botiz’s makeup bag.