Today we are taking a peak inside Joelle Russo’s makeup bag. She is a regional Nordstrom Beauty Director and serves the Northwest, Northern California and Hawaii. She is based in Northern California but I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Joelle a few times now when I’ve attended the local Seattle area trend shows since she handles my area. She is the sweetest woman ever and an inspiration to me personally, she is the epitome of style, beauty and grace… and she has my dream job! We happen to share an addiction to magazines, we both run straight to the beauty section of any magazines and tear out the pages for future reference.
Here is a look inside Joelle’s makeup bag:
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm – I use it as my make up primer to give my skin a hydrated glow, mid day you can also use it on top of your make up as a re-fresher, a skin pick me up.
- Lancôme Dual Finish Powder Foundation in Matte Buff 2 – this is my go to touch up powder, I use it during the day to even out my skin and give me a finished look. This powder and make-up in one can be used with a damp sponge for extra coverage as well.
- YSL Touché Eclat No. 2 – my go to pen to fix any imperfections. It hides any darkness under or around my eyes. I also use it around the mouth to keep lipstick in place.
- Dior Crème de Rose Lip Balm SPF 10 – I’m obsessed with this lip balm. It keeps my lips hydrated—the perfect way to treat your lips! It also has a slight plumping effect on the lips and contains shea butter and essential oils keep my lips smooth and feeling great. I use it morning, noon and night!
- L’Occitane Shea Hand Cream - a must in my handbag. Shea butter and almond extract heals my dry hands.
- MAC Lipstick in Viva Glam V – this is the perfect everyday lipstick. A neutral pink with just the right amount of color, it is a staple in my make up bag. It’s the color that goes with anything!
- MAC Lip Pencil in Burgundy – this is a great color for amping-up your natural lip color. The rich burgundy shade can be used alone for a deeper lip or with a little lip balm or gloss on top to soften the look- either way it’s a great way to take your daytime look to night time.
- NARS Lip Gloss in Ophelia – I love this gloss! It gives great shine—never tacky—and is a great when used alone or when layered over another lip product.
- NARS Blush in Gilda – this blush has just the right amount of color and pigment to add a soft natural glow. I love this color—it really wakes up my skin!
- MAC Brush #188 Small Duo Fibre Face Brush – the rule for most of the brushes I use from MAC: if you take care of them, they will last. This is a great brush for touch-ups throughout the day; it adds just enough pigment and really blends color well into the skin.
- Deborah Lippmann Addicted to Speed Ultra Quick Dry Top Coat – a MUST HAVE for anyone who gets manicures and wants to speed up the drying time of your polish. This is an item I can’t live without! I always bring it with me to the salon for the simple reason is that it insures I will leave in record time without any smudges!
- Go Smile Touch Up Smile Perfecting Ampoules – whiten your teeth on the go with these addictive, portable, single-use little gems that are a great mid-day brushing to whiten your teeth and refresh your mouth. It’s a great alternative to gum!!!
- Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne – just a lovely scent for everyday- the scent is refreshing with notes of nectarines, peach sorbet, blackcurrant and vetiver with the warmth of honey- makes you feel happy when you where it.
Anything in Joelle’s makeup bag also in yours? I have to admit, definitely do not understand the fuss over the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm but I’m very tempted to get a small sample of it now to give it another try. Also love that she loves Dior’s Creme de Rose Lip Balm, it is better than By Terry’s Baume de Rose at half the cost. Plus she wears my favorite Jo Malone cologne of all time! You have to love a woman who smells of happy.
If you’re in Waikiki this Saturday, head to the Nordstrom Ala Moana store for their trend show and if you see Joelle, tell her I said hello!