This week we are taking a peek into Jenna Hipp’s makeup bag. Jenna is a celebrity manicurist based in LA, her client roster includes Jessica Alba, Fergie, Eva Longoria, Rachel McAdams and Lea Michelle to name a few. She has an impressive body of work that I’m sure you’ve seen on the cover of Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire and In Style. Remember that recent cover of Rolling Stone with Alexander, Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer covered in fake blood? Jenna worked that cover too. Can you imagine being on THAT set?
Jenna is a former model and makeup artist but it wasn’t until she moved to LA that she started making a name for herself as a manicurist under nail great Lisa Postma. In 2007, Jenna got toxic poisoning from all the fumes she was exposed to on a regular basis. Since recovering, Jenna has become an advocate for organic beauty and is now known as the “green” nail manicurist working with lines such as RGB, more on that very soon!
Here’s what is in her makeup bag in her own words:
- Hope Gillerman Organics Jaw Clenching Remedy and Hope Gillerman Organics Muscle Remedy – I would carry the whole entire set in my bag if I could! But these two are my go to remedies of choice- these oils are literally my drugs!! They will change your life.
- Hope Gillerman Neroli Face Oil – I love to use this as a highlighter on my cheekbones. I also apply to the ends the ends of my hair because it tames frayed ends and I get great aromatherapy benefits.
- Nailing Hollywood Crystal Glass Nail File - I created this file out of sheer necessity. Traditional emery boards rip and tear into the nail. My glass file treats nails nice and smooths out roughies. The grit lasts a lifetime so it’s the only one you’ll ever need! How eco is that?
- SukiColor Tinted Active Moisturizer - I am a huge Suki Skincare fanatic! Their line is amazing! Infused with salicylic acid, it’s great for spot treating imperfections on the go.
- HIPPxRGB Nail Foundation F1 and F4 - My custom shades! I collaborated with Gina Carney of RGB Cosmetics to create skin tone specific nudes for nails. I’m an F1 but I love to wear F4 when I wear brown eyeliner because it makes my blue eyes pop and teeth look really white.
- RMS Beauty Lip Shine in Bloom - The perfect color for lips and cheeks. Hands down!
- Collective Wellbeing Day Moisturizer Sunscreen for Face - You have to be really careful with sunscreen since many are quite toxic. The two safe sunscreen ingredients are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. I adore Collective Wellbeing because they are an environmentally friendly – zero carbon footprint- company that offers effective, safe products.
- Priti NYC Soy Nail Polish Remover Wipes - 100% biodegradable, safe and gentle on nails. These remover wipes are perfect for your bag and for travel.
- Herban Shae Grapefruit Sage All Over Moisturizer - A great multi-tasker. I use this as both a lip and cuticle balm.
The products in this makeup bag are exactly why I love peeking into someone’s makeup bag. There’s always something that catches my eye and makes me curious. In this case it is Jenna’s Hope Gillerman Organics products. We are all about the oils here. And it is also nice to see Jenna and I have some favorites in common; my addiction to RGB has lead me to pick up almost every single shade in the line, of course you know we LOVE RMS Beauty and Suki’s line and I have been friends for a long time.
My best friend is a big proponent of clean products and is always encouraging me to go green whenever possible so I was really excited when Jenna agreed to work with us on this piece. It inspires me to feature more green products so I hope you’re ready to hear about them. Any of these products also in your makeup bag?
Style up your hair with fast-absorbing hair styling products.