This past weekend, I had the urge to put up a Christmas tree. I know, I’m what’s wrong with this world. I blame my sister who had the same thought and planted it in my head. It’s contagious, and you’re all welcome in advance. I’m ultimately waiting until Thanksgiving to put up the tree, but in the meantime, I will be indulging in a little holiday makeup action. First up, MAC Glamour Daze. This collection feels very January to me, in that it’s not overly red and gold as so many other holiday collections usually are but instead cool and neutral. We’ve got a fab-tastic taupe eye shadow and the re-launch of the best highlighters MAC has put out in years.
Here’s the collection rundown and the glamour goods we think are musts!
First, the Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($29, limited edition) is back. And when we are given a second chance at amazing highlighters, we take it as a sign that it’s meant to be. They are extremely metallic at first glance but look beautiful on the skin. I think they’re universal for all skin tones, and both work on me. Superb is a more rosy gold that is just stunning!
- Superb, Soft peachy nude with multidimensional shimmer *Product Girl pick!
- Whisper of Gilt, Light soft white gold with shimmery sheen *Product Girl pick!
We’re also welcoming the re-launch of the Extra Dimension Eyeshadow ($19.50, limited edition), albeit in a tinier compact. While the higher price/less product ratio gets an eye roll, the extremely wearable colors get a thumbs up. Honestly, they’re all stunning.
- A Natural Flirt, Soft peachy nude *Product Girl pick
- Evening Grey, Steel silver
- Divine Blue, Mid-tone aqua
- Ready to Party, Pale lilac
- Round Midnight, Dark burgundy
- Stolen Moment, Dark taupe *Product Girl pick
- Stylishly Merry, Mid-tone dusty violet
- Tall, Dark, & Handsome, Black with pearl
Always one to get excited about new Fluidlines ($16.50, limited edition), I actually thought these were a bit off. I wish they were Paint Pots instead.
- Catch My Eye, Cool taupe grey with dazzle pearl
- Feminine Edge, Pink mauve with dazzle pearl
- Little Black Bow, Charcoal with dazzle pearl
Glamour Daze brings three lovely Powder Blush ($22, limited edition) options.
- Easy Manner, Light dirty peach
- I’m the One, Mid-tone blue pink
- Small Vanity, Dusty rose tan *Product Girl pick
Maybe I’m used to MAC collections of yester-years, but it feels that with every new launch the Nail Polish ($17.50, limited edition) costs more. That said, there are a few worthy colors of your dollars.
- Endless Night, Pale grey pink with iridescent pearl
- Girl Trouble, Super glitter pink *Product Girl pick
- Everything that Glitters, Black with super multidimensional glitter *Product Girl pick
- In the Limelight, Mid-tone creamy mint
The Lipsticks ($16.50, limited edition) are pretty fun, though there’s only one color I feel stands out. It’s also a Cremesheen, which is my fav MAC formula.
- Beauty, Pale cool pink (Glaze)
- Innocence, Soft coral (Frost)
- Outrageously Fun, Mid-tone magenta violet (Cremesheen)
- Glamourdaze, Mid-tone creamy plum (Cremesheen) *Product Girl pick
- Dramatic Encounter, Deep purple (Amplified)
A bevy of Lipglass ($16.50, limited edition) options to choose from. Pretty colors, but with everything going on in this collection, we say save for the highlighters.
- Impossibly Sweet, Sheer soft pink with multidimensional pearl
- Pink Fade, Light creamy pink
- Talk Softly to Me, Light creamy coral pink
- Deliciously Demure, Soft cool brown with pearl
- Flight of Fancy, Rich purple
Rounding out the collection is False Lashes Mascara ($20) and four Kohl Power Eye Pencils ($16.50).
What do you think? Let us know!