This weekend I searched through my mother’s photos to try and show you a picture of me as a kid dressed up like Wonder Woman but I struck out. As a child of the 80’s, I know I dressed up as her for Halloween at least once. How about you? The new MAC Wonder Woman collection will let you re-live some of the Wonder Woman magic.
Just when the fate of the world is careening toward disaster, cue theme music! It’s Wonder Woman! She Kicks Sass! Her mission: Collaborate with MAC to fight the supervillains of the world – criminally outdated color, evil, un-dimensional skin finish, the disasters that drain drama – with that famous spin, a double-cuff of her wicked wrist bracelets and shazam! MAC Spring Colour 2011 is the feminine force (with a dash of comic fun) that saves the day! No nemesis can match the stamina, agility and speed of her SUPER-SIZED Mineralize Skinfinish, bold Eye Shadow quads, Pigment, Opulash, Lipsticks and OVERSIZED Lipglass, JUMBO-BIG Powder Blush and Penultimate Eye Liner, Nail Lacquer and Lash for this larger-than-life transformation! Our Artists work wonders every day – now with the help of one of entertainment history’s most exciting feminist figures…Since 1944, Wonder Woman is the original incarnation of what makes women forever wonderful!
No one understands the importance of a bag of tricks quite like our MAC Spring 2011 heroine! Her legendary bracelets were made from remnants of the Goddess Athena’s all-powerful shield, to award her The Sign of the Champion…In that same spirit of fantasy and wonder, M∙A∙C creates a vivid collection of accessories that are sure to bring you a sense of feminine infallibility, totally peerless power – you ARE Wonder Woman if you want to be. Bright, bold, superhuman designs in Makeup Bags – from raging Red to Bulletproof Blue, Utility Belt Brush Sets that Superman secretly covets, and exclusively online, the WW T-shirt and Invincible Mirror to make your mission – kaboom! – complete.
Let’s take a look at what’s in this collection:
- Marquise d’ – sandy cream peach (Lustre)
- Heroine – brown bronze (Frost)
- Russian Red – intense bluish-red (Matte)
- Spitfire – bright creamy magenta (Satin)
- Emancipation – pale neutral pink
- Athena’s Kiss – bright blue fuchsia
- Wonder Woman – bright red with soft pearl
- Secret Identity – mid-tone copper with soft pearl
PENULTIMATE EYE LINER
- Rapidblack – true black
- Black – black
- Themyscira – blue
- Victorious – purple
- Army of Amazons – green
- Obey Me – true red
- Spirit of Truth – navy blue
EYE QUAD – Defiance
- Defiance – iridescent white pink (Veluxe pearl)
- Paradise Island – soft warm pink (Satin)
- Star Studded – mid-tone violet pink (Satin)
- Real Drama – dark burgundy with pink pearl (Satin)
EYE QUAD – Lady Justice
- Justice – bright silver with white pearl (Frost)
- Insurmountable – dirty blue grey (Veluxe Pearl)
- Bold Babe – deep metal blue with white pearl (Frost)
- Deep Truth – true dark blue (Frost)
EYE QUAD – Valiant (not pictured)
- Valiant – light lime with yellow pearl (Frost)
- Spinning Transformation – deep olive bronze with yellow pearl (Frost)
- Diana Undercover – dark forest green (Satin)
- Manila Paper – pale frost white gold (Veluxe Pearl)
- Reflects Bronze – sparkling rich gold
- Reflects Pearl – white glitter with a pearl sheen
- Bright Fuchsia – bright magenta
- Marine Ultra – vivid marine blue
POWDER BLUSH (DUO)
- Amazon Princess – bright yellow pink/deep blue pink with gold pearl (Satin)
- Mighty Aphrodite – warm peach coral with gold pearl/bright coral pink with gold pearl (Satin/Frost)
- Pink Power – peachy rose with pink shimmer/soft rosy bronze/soft shell pink with fine shimmer
- Golden Lariat – true coral with fine gold shimmer/soft suntanned bronze/soft gold with fine shimmer
Now I was aware that the Penultimate liner was jumbo sized, that’s pretty obvious from the pictures but silly old me did not realize that there was also a super sized version of the that the powder blush, skinfinishes and lipgloss. It was a happy surprise when I opened them to discover there was more there than I thought. Now of course that does mean these items are more expensive but duh.. you also get more product. For the lipgloss alone, a 0.17oz tube is normally $14.50 and now we’re getting more than twice as much at 0.37oz for $20. That’s definitely a good thing.
Aside from the theme of this collection, I’m so happy to see a collection where my beloved Russian Red is the star of the show. Everyone should have this red in their arsenal of reds, everyone! I loved it so much I wore it all weekend (along with lots and lots of the Penultimate liner) with some Wonder Woman gloss on top and I didn’t even go anywhere! I’m also loving the new Skinfinishes and 1 shade of eyeshadow in particular from the Defiance quad… Defiance. I love the pink irridescence in it, it is so much fun.
How about you? What catches your eye in this collection? The collection is available online now and will be in stores and counters tomorrow through April.