As of today, you can also find MAC’s Of Beauty collection now in stores. This collection features new Loose Beauty Powders and comeback of their Studio Lights.
I am all giddy with excitement with this release. Anytime a product description mentions the word “pearlescent”, I am all over it. That’s exactly what this loose powder has been described as… a “pearlescent loose powder that provides a sheer, lightly reflective, shimmering iridescent finish to the skin.” I’m sold, but it doesn’t take much for me these days. You can use this powder on eyes and cheeks and it should have a light feel to it. This powder comes in:
- Dancing Light: creamy gold with white gold reflect.
- Drizzlegold: fleshy beige with copper and gold reflect.
- Natural Flare: peachy champagne with white and gold reflect.
- Sunspill: coral peach with white and gold reflect.
- Tenderdusk: soft pink with red and gold reflect.
- Soft Flame: rich plum with reddish copper reflect.
Studio Lights are not pearlescent but they do have some light reflective properties in them. First introduced with the Catherine Deneuve Icon collection, this limited edition product is not a concealer (although some can get away with using the product that way). It doesn’t have as much pigment as a concealer so it’s more of a sheer highlighter you can use to brighten your eyes and other parts of your face as well as contour. It’s even drawn comparisons to the infamous Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat.