We’ve all loved and lost at the MAC Limited Edition game. Find your favorite eyeshadow only to watch it disappear into the abyss of discontinued products. Same goes for your lip gloss and lipstick. When MAC announced earlier this year they would bring back nine discontinued products “By Request,” we were excited. Especially when we heard Moth Brown, of MAC Barbie fame, was included as an option. I missed out on that one, and I’m not sure I’ve ever completely accepted that.
Same goes for the rest of MAC fans. The three eyeshadows, lip glasses and lipsticks that make up MAC By Request pulled in thousands of votes. And to stagger the excitement, MAC is launching each category on separate days. By Request Lipsticks on Monday, August 6 (sadly, only one remains, — Candy Yum Yum, with the most number of votes at 77,517, sold out in an instant), Lip Glass on Wednesday, August 8 (go now!!) and Eyeshadows on Monday, August 13.
The must-haves for us are definitely Jete and Moth Brown eyeshadows and Cult of Cherry Lip Glass. Jete is a shimmery peach shadow in a veluxe pearl finish (gorgeous!) and Moth Brown is most definitely in the “taupe hall of fame.” Moth Brown is surprisingly one of those complex taupes that does not turn straight purple on my skin tone. It’s an interesting shade of grey that makes my blue eyes pop.
The full MAC By Request collection includes:
- Candy Yum-Yum, neon pink (matte), 77,517 votes
- Moxie, bright pink (matte), 74,957 votes
- Rocker, burgundy-red with glitter (matte), 72, 299 votes
- Bait, iris-pink with gold pearl (frost),34,045 votes
- Cult of Cherry, clean red with red pearl (frost), 29,466 votes
- Flash of Flesh, light nude pink with pearl (frost), 27,707 votes
- Guacamole, light green with gold pearl (frost), 50,536 votes
- Jete, sandy coral (veluxe pearl), 40,245 votes
- Moth Brown, soft metallic grey brown (frost), 39,563 votes
We were actually surprised to see Guacamole earn the most votes for eyeshadows. What about you? Are you taking advantage of a second chance at any of these classics? If so, save the date. MAC fans are cray!