There are a few camps of people. For some, the holiday season begins after Thanksgiving. For another subset, it begins before….and that’s quite the subjective date. I’m in the latter camp, and am THISCLOSE to actually putting up my tree. But, I’ll wait until after Thanksgiving. (Maybe.) I have, however, already picked up some Christmas gifts for family and friends. I love Christmas shopping, or shopping in general, so this time of year is just “want” overload. I try to channel that into good energy for others though. So in the spirit of the season, we are going to be sharing a few of our favorite things each week. May it serve as inspiration for your holiday shopping list or personal wish list!
This week’s focus is definitely a hodge podge or beauty goodies, home and personal accessories that make great gifts for yourself or others!
- Slatkin and Co. Apple Crumble Candle - This is the best-smelling candle EVER. It smells true to form — baked granny smith and mcintosh apples topped with vanilla crumble, cinnamon and nutmeg. I burn this constantly, and it makes me feel more comfortable in my own home, like someone is baking goodies while I get to relax on the couch with a cozy blanket. Do yourself a favor and stock up on this for yourself and everyone you know. Available at Bath & Body Works, $19.50 (though ALWAYS on sale!).
- AHAVA ‘Salt Celebration’ Mineral Bath Salt Wands - I am a bath ‘fene; there’s nothing more relaxing and indulgent on a chilly evening. And AHAVA Bath Salts are among my tub staples. These wands are just TOO adorable, and limited edition. They’d make for a perfect stocking stuffer. Available at Nordstrom for $10.00
- Glitter iPhone Case - I cannot resist the charm of this uber sparkly metallic iPhone case. I think it’s perfect. There’s a silver option, too. Hmm….I could justify both. Available at J Crew for $25.
- MAC Dazzlesphere Ornament Mini Nail Kit - It’s tradition in my family to get/give an ornament every year — my tree is literally filled with 29 years of memories. I love that this is not just five covetable polishes, but also an ornament. Check it out at Nordstrom for $25.50.
- NARS ‘Mie Kabuki’ Mini Soft Touch Eyeshadow Pencil Coffret - Mini shadow pencils! I am really digging the variety of color. I will defnitely be checking this out on my next trip to the NARS counter. I think my niece would love this — she’s adventurous with color. A girl after my own heart! Available at Nordstrom for $55.
That wraps up our first edition! Let us know what you think. And, I’m also curious, which camp do you fall in? Please tell me SOME of you are already listening to holiday music, too. It really is the most wonderful time of the year, right?