Tarte Cosmetics is celebrating its 10th Anniversary this year! One decade down, many more to go we say. To help celebrate, we wanted to share with you our Tarte Top 10, countdown-style: the Top 10 reasons we love Tarte, and perhaps, why you might too.
10) Tenth-Anniversary Product Launches – They’re celebrating 10 years in the beauty biz, and are letting its fans in on the fun with some very cool product launches. TEN Natural Cheek Stain is all a girl could want – love! It’s such a perfect pop of pink.
8) Picture Perfect - I picked up Tarte’s Picture Perfect Eyelash Curler on a whim and it was hands down one of the smartest purchases I’ve made. I faithfully used Shu Uemura’s lash curler for years because I thought it was the best out there, but for me, this works better. And, OK, I like the purple handles.
7) Purple and Green - Before eco was “chic”, Tarte was practicing green. In fact, many of their products can be reused after you use them up — and they even have a recycling program.
6) Park Avenue Princess – This bronzer has ranked numero uno for me for the past several years (and I have a drawer full of options!) Not only is the color just right (never orange), I love the gold compact. The Matte Waterproof version is a close second.
5) Tarte TV – Tarte has really embraced social media and uses it well to connect with consumers. Tarte TV is a great example. Who doesn’t like to get a glimpse of products and the inside story before you buy them?
4) Customer Appreciation – Just last month, Tarte rolled out a new loyalty program called “Tarte Tokens,” which rewards customers and allows you to accumulate points (a.k.a tokens). They often have promotional codes and special offers floating out there, so it’s a perfect excuse to shop online.
3) Flashy Fringe - I don’t think that Tarte’s mascaras get enough attention — but they should. They are consistently some of the best mascaras I’ve used. No flaking, no smudging, no funny business. They hold a curl exceptionally well too, which is a pet peeve for me with other mascaras.
2) Innovation - Tarte is constantly innovating. They don’t just release new color collections, but they integrate new ingredients and introduce unique products. One of our favorite Tarte innovations of 2010 is the Natural Lip Stain. Glossy – check. Moisturizing – yep. Long-lasting. Uh-huh.
1) The product that started it all… CHEEK STAIN! - This was my gateway into Tarte Cosmetics and I’ve been hooked ever since. Cream blushes are all the rage now, and I think Tarte deserves credit for paving the way. I have good memories with my cheek stains, they’ve been through important parts of my life with me! My wedding day, starting new jobs.
There’s our Tarte Top 10. Anything to add? Pile on and let’s collectively wish Tarte a happy 10th anniversary!