Product Girl’s flavor of the month for August is mint. We’re not sure anything beats a cool splash of mint in one of the steamiest months. It’s incredibly refreshing. Here’s the minty products we’ve been showing some love.
- Renee Rouleau Mint Buffing Beads – I’ve been reaching for this little beloved jar of mine all summer long when I need some gentle exfoliation. The beads are super gentle, not harsh or abrasive at all and the formula is creamy, keeping in line with my light hydration regime this season.
- Philosophy Kiss Me Exfoliating Lip Scrub & Facial – This minty lip scrub is a triple threat: it exfoliates, moisturizes lips and helps freshen your breath at the same time for less than some other high end lip scrubs. I now have a few scattered around in different places… you should too!
- Suave Professionals Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner – I live for the smell of Aveda’s Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner, but find it can be a little drying. At less than $3 a bottle,Suave offers a great alternative. I find that it lathers well ( all those sulfates – not minding them here!) and the conditioner provides a smooth finish without weighing my hair down.
- Bath & Body Works Nectarine Mint Gentle Foaming Hand Soap – This soap is additional proof that mint can be paired with nearly anything. Sometimes nectarine can be too citrusy sweet, but the mint tones it down beautifully. It’s been on my bathroom counter all summer.
- Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser – There’s nothing subtle about the mint in this new cleanser from Origins. It’s minty to the extreme and leaves your skin feeling cool — almost cold! It’s a surprisingly gentle cleanser though, it doesn’t strip your skin of essential oils but rather just the gook and grime we accumulate every day.
Are you a fan of mint as well? Share your picks with us!