It’s Fashion Week, which means in addition to checking out the fashion forecast for Fall 2012, we’re mining for the beauty and hair trends coming our way later this year. TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu created an undone side bun for Rebecca Minkoff’s Fall 2012 runway show. To complement the mix of leather, fur, sequins and knits on the runway, Jeanie went with a chic, textured yet relaxed low bun to bring femininity to the strong silhouettes in the collection.
1. Create a deep side part and prep damp hair with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Root Boosting Spray. Apply throughout hair from roots to ends
2. Diffuse hair on high heat
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 – apply TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Root Boosting Spray from roots to ends and diffuse hair. Be sure to layer the product to create a natural, rough texture
4. Apply a dime size amount of TRESemmé Smooth & Silky Anti-Frizz Secret Crème throughout hair to give definition
5. Gather hair into a loose pony on one side, fastening elastic midway down the pony, leaving the heavier side of the face-framing part loose and undone
6. Twist hair into a messy side bun, fastening with hair pins as you go
7. Loosely gather pieces from the heavier side of the part and pin into bun
8. To finish, lightly spritz with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray
What do you think? I think this one will work nicely off the runway!
*Also, it doesn’t feel right not to mention our sadness about the death of Whitney Houston. All of us at Product Girl have our own memories growing up listening to her beautiful voice. RIP Whitney.