Estee Lauder’s Bronze Goddess Collection is back for summer 2011. This is a tradition I am pleased to see continuing, as Estee Lauder delivers really beautiful makeup to literally bring out the bronze goddess in each of us. This summer, it’s all about the Mediterranean and the hues and luxurious atmosphere on the Riviera. The collection invites you to sit poolside and take in the cool waters, warm sand beaches and sun’s luminous rays. Sounds like a plan to me!
The Island Oasis EyeShadow Palette ($42) contains every color you need to be a bronze goddess. Each of these shades contain a certain glow that lights up the eyelids. I love the warm bronze and gold, and you can’t get more summery than bright blue along the lashline.
I’m most excited about the Sea Star Bronzing Blush — tell me this isn’t the most beautiful blush you’ve ever seen? I think it even trumps the 2010 version, which I didn’t think was possible. This is available at counters, although fleeting fast, for $34. Other bronzers in the collection include:
- Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer ($30)
- Bronze Goddess Soft Shimmer Bronzer ($30)
- Bronze Goddess Soft Duo Bronzer in Amber Bronze Medium and Amber Bronze Rich ($30)
- Bronze Goddess Luminous Liquid Bronzer, Limited Edition ($28.50)
The collection includes even more bronze-inducing eye and lip products, and a nail polish to boot. I like the idea of a shimmering bronze nail polish in the summer – unexpected, but very complementary to the Bronze Goddess look.
- ShadowStick Duo in Gold Bronze, Pink Teal, Limited Edition ($20)
- Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Tiramisu ($24)
- Pure Color Gloss in Sun Burst Sparkle, Blazing Coral Sparkle, Plum Divine Shimmer, Limited Edition ($20)
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer Limited Edition – Shimmering Bronze ($19)
And if that wasn’t enough, there’s two limited edition Eau Fraîche Skinscents in Bronze Goddess Soleil and Bronze Goddess, each $55. There are some gems in this collection, and if I may make a recommendation, check out the Island Oasis palette and the blush! Both are too pretty not to!