I’ve been making an effort lately, a full face of make up every day and changing up my nails every couple of days. You would think this would be easy for a beauty blogger but sometimes, you just want to go au natural. Since I’ve worn 4 different shades of nail polish during the last week, it is safe to say that this is not one of those times.
This week my pick was Essie’s Madison Ave-hue, from their new spring collection. I’ll admit that Essie has bored me to tears with their recent collections but they are taking a new direction now and it started with the long overdue addition of magnetic shades and nail strips. While I scooped up both releases, actual shades from a seasonal collection left me wanting more until now. I couldn’t resist this bright pink with micro glitter!
The shimmer is less pronounced on the nail but you can really see it on the bottle settled on the bottom. Either way, I’m still a fan of this shade. In the sun the faint sparkles really come to life. The formula was a touch streaky for me but two coats was all I needed for an opaque application.
The rest of the collection is right on trend with what we are seeing for spring, lots of cool pastel tones in pink, purple and blue. Essie ramped this up a bit my adding in a bright poppy red and a global chic perspective.
- Madison Ave-hue – Chic Upper East Side pink steps out in style, turning any ensemble into a million dollar baby. Cha-Ching.
- Go Ginza – Soft cherry blossom pink invites you into a world of quiet luxury and exquisite beauty. Domo arigato.
- Avenue Maintain – Fashionably adroit, lovely Parisian blue channels the je ne sais quoi allure of the capital of chic.
- Bond With Whomever – London’s calling. Pick it up in posh lilac and click with the cultured clique – here, there and everywhere.
- Maximillian Strasse Her – Bavarian style savvy rules this regal boulevard. In cool grey green, you’re promenade queen, no tiara required.
- Hip Anema – Sashay down a sandy runway in poppy bright red orange and show ‘me who’s the bossa. Work that beach.
So what’s on your nails right now? I’m loving this shade on me and might just wear it the whole week. I might just go back for more shades from this collection too!