Sparkle and Essie. Kind of like The Odd Couple, in a way. While Essie doesn’t usually bring us bling-tastic, glittery shades, her holiday Luxeffects Collection is well-timed and well done. Essie calls them glitter topcoats, and they’re meant to add a little something to your manicure. And do they ever! I took Essie’s Lady Like, a demure, pinky mauve from the Fall Collection, and topped it with a single coat of Luxeffects Shine of the Times. The opalescent flecks of glitter in Shine of the Times completely transformed Lady Like. I’m thinking of all of the possibilities now! What I love most about this polish, as opposed to other glitters, is the depth. All it took was just one coat.
The full collection includes:
- As Gold As it Gets – Gilded lame sparkles
- Shine of the Times – Scintillating opalescent aura
- A Cut Above – Shattered pink diamond glitz
- Set in Stones – Disco mirror ball chaos (I NEED this one!)
- Pure Pearlification – Decadent baroque iridescence
What do you guys think of the Luxeffects? And, what’s your mani of the week?