With Earth Day right around the corner, Sunday, April 22, now seems like the natural time to share our top picks in eco beauty. All week long, we’ll be sharing our green recommendations in makeup, shower staples, skin care and more. Today, we’re sharing the eco-friendly skin care products we can’t be without. Read on for lots of plant extracts, oils and the most brilliant multitasking balms and creams.
1. Acure Facial Cleansing Crème, Olive + Mint. This creamy cleanser helps encourage new cell growth and actually helps you look younger. Literally, with each use, you are washing away worry lines! Organic acai berry, fair trade organic olive oil and Organic Chorella Growth Factor (to boost collagen…a.k.a. younger-looking skin!) are the star players. The cleanser is a fresh minty green color, and the smell is naturally sweet. ($14.99, Acure Organics)
2. SIA Botanics Blueberry Oxygenating Exfoliator. This brand recently popped up on our radar. All of SIA’s products are grounded in botanical bases and do wonders for damaged skin, blemish-prone, dull, dry, YOU NAME IT! The oxygenating action comes from jojoba beads which exfoliate the skin so gently you hardly know it’s happening. Blueberries and cranberries offer a surge of antioxidant power and olive and hibiscus are on standby to decongest pores. ($20, SiaBotanics)
3. La Fresh Waterproof Makeup Remover Wipes. La Fresh has a wipe for everything (and everyone!) — nail polish remover, insect repellant, body refresher, deodorant, puppy dogs, etc. We love the Makeup Remover Wipes and how they easily break down stubborn eye and lip makeup. They contain zero alcohol and no artificial fragrance or parabens. Look for a six oil blend of olive, jojoba, sesame, grapeseed, vitamin E and lavender. The lavender scent is very soothing at the end of a long day. True story. ($9.99 for 24, La Fresh)
4. Weleda Skin Food. One of the best skin care products, ever. It can be used on dry hands, elbows and even your face. I even use it as a highlighter on my face as it gives a believable, natural dewy look to the skin. Organic pansy extract, known to be a mild antiseptic, calms irritation and essential fatty acids, vitamin E and organic sunflower seed oil heal the skin as well. It’s like a garden. It’s also super affordable and lasts a very long time. ($11.50, Weleda)
5. TAY All-Purpose Shea Butter. We live for a good shea cream. And Tay’s is about as pure as it gets. Organically harvested shea butter, from the Women’s Coop in West Africa, is infused with USDA Organic rosemary essential oil to create a truly aromatherapeutic cream. The scent is earthy and the benefits plentiful: hydrates skin and scalp, doubles as a hair styling aid and works wonders on ragged cuticles. The engraved wood packaging is also so unique. We love this! ($28, TAY Everyday)
6. One Love Organics Skin Savior Balm. Balms are a gift to the skin, and to those who never have enough time in the day. Pure, cold-pressed plant oils do the job of cleansing your skin and moisturizing it. The old oil breaks down oil story – it’s legit and this stuff works! Skin Savior is a precious organic blend of coconut oil, sweet soy seed oil, beeswax, mango seed butter, chia seed extract and more. We love to use this on our face, but also massage this in to the skin – anywhere head-to-toe – for an extra dose of pampering. ($68, One Love Organics)
7. Stark Skincare Green Tea Detox Clay Mask. By now, we’re all familiar with the “just add water” exfoliator, right? A brilliant idea that Stark takes one step further with a “just add water” mask. It’s a gentle, but powerful, blend of clay, green tea and fruit extracts that leaves skin brighter and cleaner after just one use. Green tea helps repair damage done by the sun and pollution and the mineral-rich clays remove impurities from the pores and improve skin’s clarity. The apple extract contains alpha hydroxy acid to gently exfoliate and improve skin elasticity. All of this in a POWDER! ($30, Stark Skincare)