With Earth Day right around the corner, Sunday, April 22, now seems like the natural time to share our top picks in eco beauty. All week long, we’ll be sharing our green recommendations in makeup, shower staples, skin care and more. Today, we’re bringing you our thoughts on eco-friendly makeup. Read on to find out about the perfect cheek color, an organic highlighter and the juiciest tinted lip balm that’s good for you, too.
1. Tarte gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara. Lashes are gifted with this mascara — healthier with each use and the appearance of majorly lengthened fringe (by 121% according to Tarte). Amazonian clay works to hydrate and repair lashes, and reads and treats your lash concerns giving you what you need (hence the “smart”) It’s all legit. We are huge fans of this at Product Girl. ($19, Tarte Cosmetics)
2. Josie Maran Argan Color Stick. Have you ever seen Josie demo these on QVC? Josie and her crew of models always look so radiant and healthy. That’s exactly the effect of the color stick – it brightens the complexion and cheeks are hydrated and dewy. Free of fragrance and parabens and full of essential oils, vitamin E and of course, argan oil. Rosey is the perfect shade for all skin tones, but we recommend trying them all (check out this sampler!) ($22, Josie Maran Cosmetics)
3. RMS Beauty “Un” Cover-Up. A foundation, concealer, skin healer all in one. RMS redefines makeup with this product, helping treat and nourish the skin where you need it most. Coverage is beautiful, all signs of sallowness, redness, blemishes and uneven skin tone are instantly gone. Blend with your fingers and watch “Un” Cover Up become your skin, but better. ($36, Spirit Beauty Lounge)
4. Vapour Organic Beauty Trick Sticks. Made with 70% certified organic ingredients and 30% natural mineral pigments and vitamins, think of these are the green version of a NARS Multiple. We like that they are tiny and can be used directly on the brow bone, inner corner of the eyes and just about anywhere you want to highlight on the face. ($20, Vapour Organic Beauty)
5. Alima Pure Nourishing Lip Balm. There’s many a tinted balms with peppermint oil out there, but we have a special spot for Alima. When you put these on, a rush of moisture fills lips and makes them looks super juicy. Not a surprise, since Alima formulates these with soothing antioxidants, organic plant oils and butters. Rhubarb is the perfect pink! ($7, Alima Pure)
6. EcoTools Mini Kabuki brushes. EcoTools uses earth-friendly, cruelty-free materials to make its brushes. These mini kabukis, part of a 4-piece set, are both the cutest brushes we might own and probably among the most used. Quality is gained with EcoTools, not sacrificed. Don’t you love when you get both effective and adorable? ($14.99, Drugstore.com)