It’s the 40th anniversary of Earth Day today, a day recognized around the world to help raise awareness for the issues facing our environment today. Everyday should be Earth Day, don’t you think? There’s lots going on today in the world of beauty in honor of this day and while I can’t cover everything, I wanted to give you a little round up.
- Butter London is bringing out your inner green goddess! Get a free full sized bottle of Thames (the lovely green seen here to the right) with any purchase, just enter EARTHDAY10 as your coupon code during checkout from now until April 25th.
- Burt’s Bees wants you to Find Your Burt! If you’re New York, Burt’s Bees will be offering free samples and fruit smoothies powered by bike blenders. Look for them in Times Square, Broadway between 42nd and 43rd from 11:30am-3pm. If not, check out their website and Burtify yourself and discover your earth friendly potential.
- Tinte Cosmetics is giving you 30% off of all their products today until tomorrow at midnight! Just enter code EARTH at checkout.
- Jurlique will be taking 25% off all orders placed on Jurlique.com and will donate a portion of sales to help support botanical gardens in NY, LA and San Francisco.
- Fresh will donate 10% of all in-store and online purchases to Nischans Wholesome Wave Foundation, a non-profit organization whose mission is to make healthy, affordable locally grown foods more accessible.
- Beautyticket.com is celebrating Earth Day with Eco Chic Beauty, plus take an additional 15% off their already low prices with coupon code EARTHDAY15.
- Bring any empty cosmetic tube, bottle or jar (any brand) to any Origins counter or freestanding store today and receive a free full-sized cleanser in either Checks & Balances or A Perfect World. And with any $30 Origins online purchase, you can receive a full-sized cleanser as well.
- This month Aveda is raising $3.5 million to protect clean water. Part of that effort includes donating 100% of the proceeds from the purchase of each Light the Way Candle. The candle is available online, salons and Aveda stores.
- Gilt Groupe will be celebrating Earth Day by donating a portion of proceeds to the National Audubon Society and The Nature Conservancy. Today’s beauty sale is Dr. Hauschka, a great eco-friendly line with skincare, makeup and bath and body products. Check out the Sigg sale too!
- Kiehl’s Limited Edition Label Art series is back with their Açaí Damage-Protecting Toning Mist. Julianne Moore, Pharrell Williams, Jeff Koons and Malia Jones all contributed to this series. With the sale of this product, 100% of net profits up to $200,000 will benefit the Rainforest Alliance.
- Korres is offering a free Jasmine Shower gel plus free shipping on all orders over $25 with the code “GREEN” at checkout.
- Tarte Cosmetics is giving us 30% off today until the 25th, just use code EARTHDAY at checkout. Plus, spend over $60 and get a free Be Good To Your Mother (Earth) 24/7 and Tote set.
Happy Earth Day and don’t forgot to do something nice for Mother Earth today!