File this one under “better late than never”, I meant to talk about this collection a few weeks ago but with taxes and dilly dallying around, it got delayed. Every time Chanel comes out with a new color collection, it never fails to excite me and this one is no exception.
Chanel’s Summer 2008 collection takes you on an “elegant safari”, the colors are warm and shimmery just how summer should be. This collection features:
- Moisturizing Bronzing Powders in Desert Corail, Terre Epice, Terre Ambre, Desert Bronze and Sable d’Or.
- Sun Illuminator Bronzing Creme
- Iridescent Effects Eyes Eyeshadow Quad in Oasis.
- Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Khaki, Safari, Tigre and Nomade.
- Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadow in Atoll.
- Rouge Hydrabase Creme Lipstick in Leopard and Rose Flamingo.
- Aqualumiere Sheer Colour Lipshine SPF 15 in Zanzibar and Mauritius.
- Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour in Naïve and Curious.
- Le Vernis Nail Colour in Antilope and Flamingo.
Glosses and lipstick are nice but since I find myself always going back to the same shades so I get all kinds of excited about eyeshadow and face products. The eyeshadow quad in this collection is just beautiful with shimmering shades of dark green, bronze, peach and pink. This quad has been on my wish list since I first saw it. The quads in Chanel’s collections have quickly become the thing I look forward to the most each season. The bronzers are nice too. As a fair gal with a small bronzing phobia, the Sable d’Or shade makes it a nice introductory bronzer for me but there are shades for those gals who are more confident with their bronze.