Now lets talk blow dryers, specifically the T3 Featherweight 2 High Performance Hair Dryer and the Drybar Blowout In-a-Box Hair Dryer. These were the next set of tools QVC sent us for our Best Hair Tools category test drive.
Both of these drastically cut down dry time and left our hair looking less frizzy and healthier than your average blow dryer found in the aisles of your favorite drugstore. Granted, it comes with a much bigger price tag but we think the benefits and time saved in the morning make that cost totally justifiable… and absolutely worth it. Kayla and I tested both of these blow dryers and quickly came to realize why each one is nominated for a QVC Customer's Choice Beauty Award.
I’m known for gifting beauty tools. I find that they make amazing gifts because it’s often something we’re not willing to splurge on otherwise. I came to realize pretty early on as a beauty fanatic that we are nothing without our tools. So we pulled together some of our top tool picks for the holidays, in the spirit of gift giving. Be it for your wishlist or something for others, we think that these beauty tools in particular are pretty spectacular.
- Eco Tools Beautiful Expressions Kabuki Set – I can’t get over how cute and mini these are! Let’s also add incredibly functional. These brushes are shaped to target every area of the face, and at just under $15 a set, pick up one for yourself to keep! I found this at Target.
- Blow Out In A Box T3 x Living Proof Featherweight Styling Set – If you think about how often you use a hair dryer, it is so worth it to invest in a good one that will treat your hair well. The best set I’ve seen this season is easily the T3 x Living Proof Blow Out in a Box. For the price of the T3 Featherweight dryer ($200), you also get a set of T3 styling tools and a full size Living Proof Straight. This is exclusive to Sephora.
- Twistband Hair Ties – Call it the anti-scrunchy, the next generation of hair bands. Ever since I received this innocuous stretchy ribbon in my Birchbox earlier this year, I’ve been obsessed. I’ve since abandoned all of my other elastics in favor of the Twistband, which doesn’t crease my hair and is just that much more interesting. You can find these in the Birchbox store.
- Chanel Le Coton – Fancy cotton pads are not something you’re likely to shell out the dough for, but what a delightful treat they are. Cushy, soft and embossed with the iconic Chanel logo. $20 for 100 at Chanel.
- Shiseido Foundation Brush – This brush may be what foundation-wearing skin dreams are made of. At $30, this is a perfect gift for any woman that wears makeup – be it liquid, cream or mineral. It makes getting an airbrush finish simple and will forever change you. It’s that good. It’s slightly hard to find, but is available on Sephora.com for $30.
For more of our favorite things, check out our previously posted gift guides:
Holiday Gift Guide, Part One
Animal Instincts Edition