Our holiday gift guide continues with the perfect presents for The Party Girl in your life. The girl who has plans every night of the week and craves sparkly things. These gifts are part glam on the go and 100% fabulous. And naturally, we want them all!
Inspired by the British “holiday cracker” tradition, Jouer Sparkle & Pop is filled with all sorts of treats, including a cocktail ring, beauty fortune, mini champagne bubbles and one of three potential deluxe Jouer samples. The latter is a surprise — the Body Butter, Essential Lip Enhancer or Glisten Lip Gloss will be inside. Jouer smartly packaged these in a value pack of four, in addition to singles, so you can split up for gifting.
Objects are smaller than they appear with the Bobbi Brown ‘Uber Nude’ Lip & Eye Palette but it has literally everything you need for a night out. We love these classic neutral shades — this is perfect for packing in a clutch or on a trip!
How fabulous would it be to pull this sparkly Stephanie Johnson SNAP Mirror out of your bag? A portable mirror is such a functional gift and the sparkles make it that much more fun. Everything Stephanie Johnson makes is perfection.
The Party Girl is always known for fabulous hair, right? We can’t think of a better duo than Living Proof Prime and amp2, the brand’s newest styling launches. Prime acts like a face primer but for your hair strands and amp2 creates texture and major volume with the help of a tiny molecule that creates friction and space on every strand.
Leave it to the folks at Benefit to come up with the yet another must-have holiday kit. Benefit She’s So…Jetset has everything for The Party Girl — like Life on the A List Lip Gloss and They’re Real Mascara, which lengthens lashes like nobody’s biz.
For more holiday gift inspiration, see our recommendations for The Product Girl.
One of our besties as far as makeup/travel/purse bags go is definitely Stephanie Johnson. Her bags are more than just somewhere to put your makeup swag, but a stylish accessory (case in point: the ALEX Sparkle Clutch
). They bring new meaning to fashion and function. And now, they’re all on sale — a pretty bad ass one at that: 40% off from now through Tuesday, June 12.
- Malibu MINI pouch
I’m having a major crush right now on the “Malibu
” Lemon collection right now. The bright crinkly patent packaging, sapphire blue liner and gold ‘S’’ studs make this more than just a simple bag. The details are incredible. The Large Flat Pouch
serves as a great clutch for night time and the Mini Pouch
fits so much more than the “mini” name would lead you to believe. It lives in my purse and helps free up all of the clutter (a.k.a. lip gloss) that litters the bottom of my bag!
To take advantage of this epic discount, visit StephanieJohnson.com and enter promo code ‘sjfriends’ at checkout.
Remember when we peeked in Stephanie’s makeup bag? If not, check it out here now!
After what may have been one of the craziest three month stretches I’ve ever had, a vacation was just what the doctor ordered. What better place to unwind and let loose at the same time than Vegas? We aren’t huge gamblers (though I proudly won $20 on the nickel slots!) but give me a pool, desert heat, cold drinks and good food and I’m a happy camper. Here’s the Vegas rewind, from a beauty perspective!
Every vacation calls for a fresh mani. I opted for NARS Koliary, a stunning cyan blue from the brand’s Thakoon collab. Don’t you just want to go swimming in that nail polish?
I had every intention of reading Rob Lowe’s “Stories I Tell My Friends” poolside, but was so captivated by it I read it cover to cover on the plane! One of the best celeb memoirs (if not the best) I’ve ever read. His stories are amazing. Highly recommend.
Can you think of a better place to wear the top body bronzer used by celebs and makeup artists around the world than Vegas? Scott Barnes Body Bling was the perfect accessory at night, on my arms, décolleté and legs. While I was getting plenty of sun (and reapplying sunscreen every 45 minutes – those rays were intense!), Body Bling brought my tan to a whole new level.
I fell in love (again) with NARS Luster Blush. The perfect shimmery apricot that can almost double as a bronzer. In fact, it looks really good layered over a matte bronzer. I just cannot get enough of this, and wore it every single day in Vegas!
Topping the list of makeup bags we want to peek into is most definitely Stephanie Johnson. Founder of the eponymous travel accessory line, we’re as curious about what Stephanie carries in her bag as what bag she carries. She launched her coveted line of travel accessories in 2000 after countless trips overseas and weeks spent packing and unpacking while a high-powered exec for a global business firm. She’s the ultimate expert, and uses that edge to create beautiful, streamlined cosmetic and toiletry bags that make life easier (and more stylish!) for women. If you even have a touch of the Type A, you will be infinitely drawn to Stephanie’s bags with removable pouches, pull-out mirrors, brush holders and detachable bags with separate compartments.
Let’s hear it from Stephanie herself what she’s toting around in her colorful Malibu Pouches. Note: we TOO are obsessed with that nail polish shade!
- Aveeno Positively Radiant and Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizers. I’m currently alternating both of these on my face and loving. They each have SPF 30.
- Frownies. What can I say? I’m a natural girl. No Botox for me.
- Neutrogena Healthy Defense Moisturizer in SPF 50. Also in rotation. Amazing light feel and I use it for face and body.
- Ted Gibson Hair Sheets. Give my hair shine and tame fly-aways. Genius.
- Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. Since moving to NYC this fall my hands and feet are so incredibly dry. Slap this on and I’m smooth as silk.
- Essie Bobbing for Baubles. Rocking this moody blue this winter.
- Arcona Triad Pads. Cleanse tone and hydrate with these cranberry-infused pads. No problem getting through airport security either!
- Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Makeup Remover. 100% Oil Free. Been using this for 25 years!
- Stephanie Johnson Malibu Pouches in Medium and Large. I’m obsessed with these patent pouches in 6 great colors. Perfect to organize and sort everything in my bag using the color system. Soft like butter.
- Tweezerman Tweezers. Never without!
- YSL Black Mascara. Simply the best.
- YSL Easy Liner for Eyes in Black. All I need to go from day to night.
- NARS Lip Gloss in Foul Play, Risky Business and Super Orgasm. Don’t the names say it all?
- Stephanie Johnson Snap Mirror in Malibu Lemon. Useful and adorable.
I’ve been carrying something really girly and pretty around lately, in my new favorite color, sparkle. The ALEX Sparkle Clutch, part of the Ibiza Collection from Stephanie Johnson for spring 2012, is the way to tote around beautiful makeup. I did some traveling for work the earlier part of this week, and the ALEX housed all I needed and more. Emphasis on the more. I can’t not bring extra!
The ALEX Sparkle Clutch comes in three covetable colors – blush, berry and turquoise. All of which are the perfect makeup bag, or, as the name suggests, a clutch. How perfect would this be for a night out? The shingle-style sparkles are a party in a bag. Stephanie has made something that could stray youthful into a sophisticated and elegant bag.
I was instantly drawn to the blush color. It reminded me of Essie’s A Cut Above nail polish from the Luxeffects collection (a close match, right?) I love the traces of gold and the deep purple lining. I kinda love everything about this bag, which is why it’s this week’s Beauty VIP. As for what I put in the bag, here’s a peek:
We were pretty happy when we opened our email this morning to see a Friends & Family sale happening at Stephanie Johnson. These makeup bags are the best! Especially at a 40% discount. The Lima Purple Essentials are one of our holiday gift picks this year! Gifting beauty is so much fun — take a makeup bag, fill it with some beauty goodies and travel essentials (face wipes, lip balm, q tips) and you have a complete package.
Stepahnie Johnson’s sale goes through Monday, December 12. Check it out!
Happy Thanksgiving-eve, all! I’m so thankful for Thanksgiving, truly. Turkey, sides (really, I can’t just pick one camp) and of course, Black Friday preparation. I OWN my love of Black Friday shopping. I could write a thesis on how it’s actually one of the best days to shop all year. Stores are prepared for you! That said, I will not be a midnight shopper, but likely a 6am shopper. We’d be interested to know where you stand on the issue. Now, onto this week’s holiday gift picks!
- Amika Leopard Mini Ceramic Styler - Usually mini hair devices are major flops in the performace department, but not this styler from Amika. It’s essentially the same as their full-size version, just mini. It uses the same infrared heat and negative ion technology, and heats up to 400 degrees. Perfect for travel! Is that matching carrying case not the cutest thing you’ve ever seen? The price is GREAT too at $25. Available at Sephora.
- Zoya Feel Collection – During the holidays, I’m all about sparkle, shimmer and rich colors on my nails. But come January, I want some warm and cozy neutrals to match my post-holiday mood. I would love to see any of these neutrals from Zoya’s new winter “Feel” collection in my stocking! The sampler would be a great buy so you can divide up for gifts (and keep a shade or two for yourself!) Available at Zoya.
- Madewell Furry Earmuffs - Adorable AND cozy. These are impossibly cute, and practical. Sadly, they are also getting hard to find. They’re sold out on Madewell.com, so if these are on your gift list too, find a store stat! Available at Madewell for $39.
- Stephanie Johnson Lima Purple Essentials – These are among the best makeup bags ever! And I’m enamored with the faux purple python finish of this collection. The ML Traveler is my go-to travel bag, and a gift I love to give. Available at Stephanie Johnson, $42-$82.
We’ll be back next week with more gift ideas. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and a “good luck” if you too venture out on Black Friday!