There are a few camps of people. For some, the holiday season begins after Thanksgiving. For another subset, it begins before….and that’s quite the subjective date. I’m in the latter camp, and am THISCLOSE to actually putting up my tree. But, I’ll wait until after Thanksgiving. (Maybe.) I have, however, already picked up some Christmas gifts for family and friends. I love Christmas shopping, or shopping in general, so this time of year is just “want” overload. I try to channel that into good energy for others though. So in the spirit of the season, we are going to be sharing a few of our favorite things each week. May it serve as inspiration for your holiday shopping list or personal wish list!
This week’s focus is definitely a hodge podge or beauty goodies, home and personal accessories that make great gifts for yourself or others!
- Slatkin and Co. Apple Crumble Candle – This is the best-smelling candle EVER. It smells true to form — baked granny smith and mcintosh apples topped with vanilla crumble, cinnamon and nutmeg. I burn this constantly, and it makes me feel more comfortable in my own home, like someone is baking goodies while I get to relax on the couch with a cozy blanket. Do yourself a favor and stock up on this for yourself and everyone you know. Available at Bath & Body Works, $19.50 (though ALWAYS on sale!).
- AHAVA ‘Salt Celebration’ Mineral Bath Salt Wands – I am a bath ‘fene; there’s nothing more relaxing and indulgent on a chilly evening. And AHAVA Bath Salts are among my tub staples. These wands are just TOO adorable, and limited edition. They’d make for a perfect stocking stuffer. Available at Nordstrom for $10.00
- Glitter iPhone Case – I cannot resist the charm of this uber sparkly metallic iPhone case. I think it’s perfect. There’s a silver option, too. Hmm….I could justify both. Available at J Crew for $25.
- MAC Dazzlesphere Ornament Mini Nail Kit – It’s tradition in my family to get/give an ornament every year — my tree is literally filled with 29 years of memories. I love that this is not just five covetable polishes, but also an ornament. Check it out at Nordstrom for $25.50.
- NARS ‘Mie Kabuki’ Mini Soft Touch Eyeshadow Pencil Coffret – Mini shadow pencils! I am really digging the variety of color. I will defnitely be checking this out on my next trip to the NARS counter. I think my niece would love this — she’s adventurous with color. A girl after my own heart! Available at Nordstrom for $55.
That wraps up our first edition! Let us know what you think. And, I’m also curious, which camp do you fall in? Please tell me SOME of you are already listening to holiday music, too. It really is the most wonderful time of the year, right?
You know the phrase, if you can’t beat them, join ’em? Well that’s sort of how I feel about old mother winter. Truly, the weather outside is frightful but the scent of winter is such a cozy one! Fresh fir, fires, wreaths, winter berries and snow. Divine! But if we’re being real here, we all know that “snow” is traditionally unscented. 🙂
The smell of “Christmas tree” is intoxicatingly holiday. If I could, I’d have a real tree inside my house all year round. Instead, I put up a fake one right after Thanksgiving and take it down in January. But with Slatkin & Co.’s Fresh Balsam candle burning, you’d hardly know the difference. This candle truly makes the house smell like fresh pine in the best possible way. I stockpiled this scent on a Black Friday binge at Bath & Body Works!
Tocca’s Tahoe Candle, exclusive to Blue Mercury, evokes that feeling of cozy ski lodge in your own home. It’s got that crisp, wintery pine smell I love so much. With this candle burning and a cup of hot chocolate (with marshmallows please) in my hand, I feel like I’m enjoying life at a higher altitude.
In nearly every room of my house, I have a Wallflowers scented oil diffuser plugged in somewhere. And I’ve got Winter burning fresh! Winter captures the spices of the season perfectly and really makes my home smell great. I love stashing these in rooms that don’t get a lot of air flow, like the basement.
What scents are you loving this season? I’m always interested to hear what those in warmer climates have to say too. Do you love the smell of winter too?
Happy Halloween everyone! This is a favorite holiday of ours — it epitomizes fall, the best time of the year, and there’s candy and trick or treaters. I also like to dress my dog up, which on any other day makes me seem like a crazy dog lady but is totally normal on Halloween. All month long, I’ve been looking forward to this day. Pumpkins, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin seeds and caramel apples. I love a good caramel apple! So much so that apple is the Product Girl Flavor of the Month for October. Here’s a few products we’ve been loving.
- Philosophy Bobbing for Apples Set – If you are an apple lover, this is where it’s at. Each scent — Green, Red and Caramel Apple — are spot on for the real thing. I literally take a bubble bath almost every night (I know, I’m practically asking for dry skin) and have been loving this trio. It’s a great deal too at $25.
- Slatkin & Co. Autumn Apple Candle – What’s a bubble bath like without candles? Obviously, I need to set the mood for relaxation! These Slatkin & Co. candles are my favorite because they burn evenly and smell heavenly.
- Garnier Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam – This cleanser, which contains apple water extract, is a fast favorite for me. I love foaming cleansers but they can be drying sometimes — this isn’t, at all. Plus, for $6 you get an extraordinary amount of product and a very deep clean. And using it with the Clarisonic feels amazing!
- GO SMiLE Green Apple Toothpaste – Do you ever stray from the traditional mint toothpaste? Well, you should. Carla’s been testing GO SMiLE’s Green Apple version and is enjoying the crisp apple flavor. It’s like a surprise when you brush your teeth!
- Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer – Tarte’s Smooth Operator is my kind of tinted moisturizer. It’s a bit thicker but still lightweight and is incredibly moisturizing. I often bust this out once the weather turns cold because it helps soothe my skin from wind and elements. That’s the apple extract doing its job!
- Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment – You all know how much I love Josie Maran’s Argan Oil — well I love this too! It’s got natural green apple flavors and it actually treats your lips. It’s perfect for overnight so you wake up with soft, lush lips!
There’s our apple picks — any of your own to share?
Last week my friend gave me a small votive candle from Slatkin and Co. in Coconut Rice. I’ve been burning it practically every night since then and I still have 1/4 of the candle left. Burning this candle peaked my curiosity for the rest of the Slatkin and Co. line considering how it burned so evenly and the yummy scent filled my living room. Luckily, I didn’t have to go very far, Slatkin and Co. just released their spring collection for Bath and Body Works and it’s smells heavenly.
This new spring collection from Slatkin and Co. for Bath and Body Works features tropical fruits and flowers with scents like Pinepple Orchid, Tropical Orange Flower, Tropical Sorbet and Melon Sorbet. From left to right, Pineapple Orchid is first. The combination of pineapple, jasmine and orchid is gorgeous, it’s not overpowering at all. This one was my favorite out of all the new scents. Tropical Sorbet combines coconut and pineapple with a mixture of caramel and praline. I wasn’t able to smell this one but it sounds so good. Then there’s Tropical Orange Flower, it combines orange blossom, sugarcane, pineapple and mandarin. Isn’t the retro bowl adorable? Finally, Melon Sorbet features cantaloupe, peach, vanilla bean and banana.
If candles aren’t your thing, you might want to try the room sprays or the home fragrance oils. I’m having a hard time deciding but even if I don’t get all of these candles, I’ll definitely be trying the home fragrance oils. At $4 each right now, it’s hard to pass up.