We have a feeling that OPI’s Texas Collection is going to be a huge hit. We immediately jumped to the bold and the neutral, but we think the sleeper hit will be the “Sorbet Six.” These are a mix of berry, coral and rosy pink shades that all have a sorbet finish. I snapped a pic of my coworker’s freshly-manicured hand over lunch to show you why. She’s wearing “Houston We Have A Purple” and the sorbet finish is giving me vibes of summer. It’s very jelly-like, and so glossy! She’s wearing three coats.
I can’t wait to sport this shade on my tips, but think the sorbet shades will make for a perfect pedicure. You know, when I actually start exposing my feet again.
I have needed a mani/pedi in the worst way… in fact, I still do. Can you tell? A week ago I stopped at Target after work then was going to get a mani/pedi. Right as I was walking to the car, I fell right in front of everyone walking in and sprained my ankle. It was so embarrassing but worse yet, painful! Since then I’ve been trying to avoid putting any weight on my ankle and unable to go to the spa!
In the meantime, I made due with a quickie polish change and decided on San Tan-Tonio from the OPI Texas collection. I am completely in love with this shade and I can’t stop looking at my nails.
After months and months of teasing from our UK beauty blogging ladies, the OPI Texas collection has finally landed in stores. Of course we can always count on OPI to come up with clever names for their shades but this time I’m really cracking up with the names in this collection, particularly with It’s Totally Fort Worth It. Here’s what’s included in this collection:
- Don’t Mess With OPI – lean, mean kick-grass green
- Suzi Loves Cowboys – rich campfire chocolate
- San Tan-tonio – the perfect honey tan
- Austin-tatious Turquoise – bodacious blue green
- It’s Totally Fort Worth It – shimmering lavender grey
- I Vant To Be A-Lone Star – starry silver-blue
- Do You Think I’m Tex-y – a ‘berry’ sexy shade
- Houston We Have A Purple – galactic violet
- Too Hot Pink to Hold ‘Em – a hot pink winning hand
- Y’all Come Back Ya Hear? – Texan tangerine
- Big Hair… Big Nails – rosy blush
- Guy Meets Gal-veston – “engaging” coral
These last 6 shades feature a new finish OPI says is “sorbet like”, which I am interested in trying. I picked up 1 shade from this collection so far, San Tan-tio, and am loving the way the tan/caramel shade looks with my skin tone. This was a shade to wet my appetite so to speak but I’m going back for more later today, It’s Totally Fort Worth It is calling my name.
How about you? Have you picked up anything from this collection? What shades are calling your name?
Superbowl Sunday is just a few short days away, and while I’m hoping for a Green Bay loss, I’m really more excited for the return of Glee following the game. I’m hooked on this show and it was a long January without a new episode. So when I heard about the Sephora by OPI collaboration, that was cause for celebration. This five-piece mini kit in particular is so adorable. The shades included are:
- Miss Bossy Pants – A rich raspberry as show stopping as Rachel herself
- Slushied – There’s no need to duck from this opaque blue
- Celibacy Club – Even if it’s only part of the show, express your inner angel with this glimmering, diamond top coat (Mini Kit exclusive)
- Gleek Out – A glittery lime green that will have everyone singing your praises
- Sue vs. Shue – Stay a step ahead of the rivalry with this rebellious navy blue (Mini Kit exclusive)
- Express Yourself to Yourself – Even more entertaining than Sue Sylvester in a music video, this coral shimmer shade will have people talking (Mini Kit exclusive)
There are also four additional shades not in the mini kit:
- Mash-Up -Inspired by Will Schuester, this pearlescent green gray pulls it all together for a pitch-perfect look
- Hell to the No – This purple shade might as well be considered liquid-pizzazz, a catch-phrase often heard by Mercedes Jones
- Who Let the Dorks Out? -All the cool kids aren’t doing it, says Sue Sylvester, but express your individuality and inner-Gleek with this statement peacock green
- Diva-in-Training – Step aside Rachel Berry. The next solo is yours with this poppy pink hue inspired by Santana Lopez
Mash-Up and Slushied are the two shades I’m looking forward to trying. My only disappointment? No Brittany shade! She easily has the best one-liners on the show.
This week’s manicure features an oldie but goodie, Here Today…Aragon Tomorrow, from OPI’s Fall 2009 Espana Collection. I was in the mood for a murky color to match my mood, and after many weeks of dark purples this season, I opted for green. Which is ironic, considering part of my dismal mood was because my Chicago Bears lost out on a chance to go to the Superbowl yesterday. Ugh, and to the Green Bay Packers. To add to the irony, I’m from Wisconsin originally and you know, cheeseheads up there are cra-zy! I’m officially a “traitor.” But I do love this green. One coat looks like sheer seaweed, but two-three is a deep mossy green.
And while I tried my best, my poor hands are feeling the negative effects of winter. They do OK in the moment when I’m oiling them up, but once I expose them to the winter air, all hope is lost. I’m sure that most can sympathize with that right about now. Except those in LA. Why do you get all the nice weather? I’m certainly living in the wrong place!
While part of OPI’s Fall 2010 collection, it’s clear to me that OPI’s Glitzerland is made for the holidays. These gold sparkles are really putting me in the Christmas spirit this week. This is a very flattering gold for the fairer skin types as the undertones are less yellow and more white. I can’t stop looking at my nails. Or touching them, since the finish is so smooth on this polish!
Even my husband told me how much he loved this color last night while I was painting. He never pays much attention, but always comments when he has a strong opinion…whether positive or not. According to him, this was one of his favorite polishes he’s ever seen me wear. Who knows why, but Glitzerland is husband-approved!
I’m bringing the bling and sparkle this week with OPI Lucerne-Tainly Look Marvelous, from OPI’s Fall 2010 Swiss Collection. After a few weeks of deep purples, I decided to inject some “party” into my polish. I’m loving the texture and feel like this mani is going to be the perfect accessory all week.
I applied two coats plus a layer of Seche Vite to finish it off and I love the smooth texture. I feel like I’ve got the glitter party without the chunky texture. I did run into a bit of trouble with the brush on this bottle — it was very wide and splayed, unlike other OPI polishes. I’m thinking just a bad brush — and it won’t deter me from using this in the future. I really recommend this polish — especially if you wear a lot of neutrals and blacks as I do think it’s the perfect blinging accessory!
Hope everyones’ week is starting off right. Let us know what you’re wearing on your nails!
For this week’s mani, I turned to one of my favorite polishes: OPI’s You Don’t Know Jacques. I had the best intentions of showing you a new shade from OPI’s Swiss collection – The Color to Watch – but it was unwearable for me! I know, shocking. It’s one of the colors that really caught my eye when I scoped out the collection at Ulta this weekend, but it’s very sheer and a little too 14-year old ice princess for my taste.
It may look pretty in the bottle, but I don’t think that color comes across (even with 3+ coats). I’ll be giving this color to my niece, who will show it some love.
The other day, I was taking note of all the beautiful polishes my coworkers were sporting. I work with a ton of lovely, fashionable women and we all love a good manicure. And it seems like we’re all on the same page for summer: pastels. So like any beauty blogger would, I took pictures to show you.
This is Mary, she’s wearing OPI What’s With the Cattitude from the Shrek Forever After Brights Collection. The color looks great, as does her David Yurman ring!
Kristin is wearing Essie’s Demure Vixen from the summer collection. It’s an iridescent cocoa mauve – and can be built up for more opacity. She’s wearing a lighter application and it’s such a flattering purple-toned nude on her.
Kirby’s wearing Essie Miss Matched, which is the unofficial “official” color of my office. I think that at least four of us, myself included, have been sporting this polish. Also from the summer collection, it’s described as a sweet, sheer, ready for anything pink. It’s very soft and feminine. Loving the turquoise cocktail ring to boot!
And here we have my mani of the week. I’m also wearing Essie’s Miss Matched, three coats for more opacity.
What are you wearing on your nails this week? Have you checked out the Essie Summer collection? I think it’s got a good vibe to it, and I’m really liking the softer side of it with Miss Matched.
If you had to sum up spring beauty in a single word, “coral” would be the word. Nearly every collection captured this color in some way and it really is the perfect color for spring. And everyone can wear it! Here’s our picks on how to incorporate coral in your look – be it cheeks, eyes, nails or lips!
- Revlon Colorburst Lipstick, Peach: This new formula from Revlon is fabulous and easy on the wallet. It goes on light as a feather, is well pigmented and comes with a great range of shades. If you want something a little funkier and bolder, give Coral a try… that’s more of an orange red.
- Bobbi Brown Nectar Shimmer Brick: This is the most beautiful Shimmer Brick to ever grace my presence. It’s a pinky coral and makes for a beautiful highlight. And if you’re fair skin you can use it as a blush. The shimmer is finely milled and not over the top so it’s just perfect.
- OPI Nail Lacquer, A Good Man-darin is Hard to Find: What better way to incorporate on-trend color than on your nails? We’re loving this creamy tangerine from OPI’s Hong Kong collection. This would also look great on the toes…thinking of a pedicure right this instant:)
- Benefit Nice Melons Velvet Eyeshadow: These are some of the smoothest, pigment-packed eyeshadows and we love them. Nice Melons is a light coral with a gold finish. Coral isn’t the easiest color to wear on the eye for all people – but this shade is incredibly easy to wear in some way!
- Cover Girl ShineBlast Lip Gloss, Ignite: These glosses are super shiny and sweet and the shade Ignite is one of many coral options to choose from. They aren’t very pigmented glosses, but they give off a sheen and are a perfect layer over a lipstick or lip stain.
How are you wearing coral shades this Spring? What are your favorites? Let us know in the comments.