Shop MAC. Cook MAC. I’ll be honest, this is one of the most confusing MAC collection names for me. Is it SHOP SHOP SHOP, COOK COOK COOK? Or MAC Shop, MAC Cook? I don’t know why, but for some reason, it’s really tripping me up. Just had to get that off my chest. Now that we’ve established that, let’s talk about the outer packaging of this collection. Gingham rules! It’s pretty adorable, and the collection is packed with some fan favs — Fluidlines, Tendertones and Cremeblend Blushes.
And by fan faves, we most definitely also mean Product Girl favs! MAC introduced one new shade (and two repromotes) of the Cremeblend Blush, in the rich plum Restores Dazzle. Gotta love the active tense on that product name, right? It’s very similar on the cheeks to NARS Multiple in G-Spot, but a little richer and deeper in the pan. Also worth noting, it’s nearly half the price of a NARS Mutliple.
MAC Tendertones also reemerge in Cook MAC, and we’re always willing to welcome these soft plush pots of balm back into our makeup routines! Sheer tangerine Purring, cherry red Hot n’ Saucy, sheer gold Hush Hush and lime green with yellow pearl Tread Gently are all so fun. I’m partial to Hush Hush because it has a hint of sparkle.
As for the Fluidlines, MAC introduced three new and limited edition shades in wearable neutrals. These are not funky shades, rather, soft black Midnight Snack, blackened brown Wholesome and blackened mauve Added Goodness are wearable with any peice from this collection.
What’s your take on this collection? Are you excited about the return of Tendertones?
Diane Kendal for MAC created the look at Jason Wu’s Fall 2012 runway show. Such a bold and exaggerated eye which looks perfect with the bare lip, courtest of MAC Lip Conditoner. Here’s the breakdown:
- Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion hydrates and prepares skin
- Matchmaster Foundation lightly blended over skin to perfect
- Studio Finish SPF 15 Concealer applied only where needed
- Pro Sculpt Sculpting Powder contours the cheek
- Pink Swoon Blush highlights apple of cheek
- Pro Marine Ultra and Landscape Green Chromographic Pencils blended together and smudged into the upper lashline and upwards into the crease
- Minted Eye Kohl blended into the crease for a highlighting effect
- Pro Kelly Green Pigment and Club Eyeshadow blended over the shape to add texture and dimension
- Blooz Eye Kohl sketched into the lashline to extend the eye
- Black Crème Liner delicately applied to deepen lashes
- Haute & Naughty Black Masacara
- Lip Conditioner SPF 15 hydrates and provides the lip with a natural shine
Ricky Martin reminds me of high school Spanish class. I was in 11th grade when Livin La Vida Loca came out. I tore it up on the dance floor at winter formal to this and She Bangs. (She moves, she moves!) And, wouldn’t you know it, Ricky is just as hot now as he was back then. Maybe even more so, if that’s possible. But in the interest of time, I’ll bring it back to the topic of discussion: Ricky Martin and Nicki Minaj for MAC Viva Glam 2012.
Ricky’s Lip Conditioner is the same great formula we know and love, but with his signature and 100% of the proceeds going to charity. MAC’s vanilla-scented Lip Conditioner ala Ricky makes an idea base for Viva Glam collection partner Nicki Minaj. Nicki’s shade is what you expect, especially as a follow-up to her Pink Friday collab with the brand. It’s very pink and somehow wearable for the average girl on an ordinary Sunday.
Viva Glam Nicki is not for the shy types, but easier to wear than you’d expect. I applied it lightly, just a single coat followed by a blot, and had several hours of pink lips. I kinda dig it actually. Especially when paired with Ricky’s Lip Conditioner. We declare them the official hot power couple of 2012. Look for it on counters next week!
Viva La Vida Glam!
This just in…images for MAC VIVA GLAM with Ricky Martin and Nicki Minaj. The new Viva Glam members will be available beginning February 15, 2012 through February 2013. And, as usual, every cent of the selling price goes to support the MAC Aids Fund. We can’t wait to see Nicki’s shade live and in-person! What do you think?
I’ve been carrying something really girly and pretty around lately, in my new favorite color, sparkle. The ALEX Sparkle Clutch, part of the Ibiza Collection from Stephanie Johnson for spring 2012, is the way to tote around beautiful makeup. I did some traveling for work the earlier part of this week, and the ALEX housed all I needed and more. Emphasis on the more. I can’t not bring extra!
The ALEX Sparkle Clutch comes in three covetable colors – blush, berry and turquoise. All of which are the perfect makeup bag, or, as the name suggests, a clutch. How perfect would this be for a night out? The shingle-style sparkles are a party in a bag. Stephanie has made something that could stray youthful into a sophisticated and elegant bag.
I was instantly drawn to the blush color. It reminded me of Essie’s A Cut Above nail polish from the Luxeffects collection (a close match, right?) I love the traces of gold and the deep purple lining. I kinda love everything about this bag, which is why it’s this week’s Beauty VIP. As for what I put in the bag, here’s a peek:
Winter and neutral makeup go together like hot chocolate and marshmallows. Naturally, I want all of the above. Especially MAC Naturally, a collection filled with yummy neutrals. I’ve come to expect a neutral collection from MAC on December 26, but Naturally actually launches on January 5. Based on the press images, it appears to be worth the wait. Especially if you are a Mineralize Skin Finish fan — MAC is repromoting the Blonde and Redhead MSFs from the Blonde, Brunette and Redhead collection a few years ago.
Here’s the official rundown:
This just in: MAC revealed the Viva Glam 2012 campaign image featuring Ricky Martin and Nicki Minaj on their Facebook page. What do you think? The scoop on the lipstick is still TBD…but we’re excited to find out. Is it just us, or does Ricky Martin not age? I’m totally envious. Men have it so good.
Ricky and Nicki’s Viva Glam products will be on MAC counters come February, and every cent will go towards the MAC Aids Fund.
There are a few camps of people. For some, the holiday season begins after Thanksgiving. For another subset, it begins before….and that’s quite the subjective date. I’m in the latter camp, and am THISCLOSE to actually putting up my tree. But, I’ll wait until after Thanksgiving. (Maybe.) I have, however, already picked up some Christmas gifts for family and friends. I love Christmas shopping, or shopping in general, so this time of year is just “want” overload. I try to channel that into good energy for others though. So in the spirit of the season, we are going to be sharing a few of our favorite things each week. May it serve as inspiration for your holiday shopping list or personal wish list!
This week’s focus is definitely a hodge podge or beauty goodies, home and personal accessories that make great gifts for yourself or others!
- Slatkin and Co. Apple Crumble Candle – This is the best-smelling candle EVER. It smells true to form — baked granny smith and mcintosh apples topped with vanilla crumble, cinnamon and nutmeg. I burn this constantly, and it makes me feel more comfortable in my own home, like someone is baking goodies while I get to relax on the couch with a cozy blanket. Do yourself a favor and stock up on this for yourself and everyone you know. Available at Bath & Body Works, $19.50 (though ALWAYS on sale!).
- AHAVA ‘Salt Celebration’ Mineral Bath Salt Wands – I am a bath ‘fene; there’s nothing more relaxing and indulgent on a chilly evening. And AHAVA Bath Salts are among my tub staples. These wands are just TOO adorable, and limited edition. They’d make for a perfect stocking stuffer. Available at Nordstrom for $10.00
- Glitter iPhone Case – I cannot resist the charm of this uber sparkly metallic iPhone case. I think it’s perfect. There’s a silver option, too. Hmm….I could justify both. Available at J Crew for $25.
- MAC Dazzlesphere Ornament Mini Nail Kit – It’s tradition in my family to get/give an ornament every year — my tree is literally filled with 29 years of memories. I love that this is not just five covetable polishes, but also an ornament. Check it out at Nordstrom for $25.50.
- NARS ‘Mie Kabuki’ Mini Soft Touch Eyeshadow Pencil Coffret – Mini shadow pencils! I am really digging the variety of color. I will defnitely be checking this out on my next trip to the NARS counter. I think my niece would love this — she’s adventurous with color. A girl after my own heart! Available at Nordstrom for $55.
That wraps up our first edition! Let us know what you think. And, I’m also curious, which camp do you fall in? Please tell me SOME of you are already listening to holiday music, too. It really is the most wonderful time of the year, right?
I can’t recall the last time a simple matte brown eyeshadow grabbed my attention in a major way. But that’s exactly what has happened with MAC Moleskin Eye Shadow from the MAC Me Over collection. It’s a matte nude brown that is impossibly useful. The color pigment is stellar and it blends beautifully. Really, it’s the perfect multi-tasker. I like it in the crease, on the lid with a swipe of eyeliner and to blend out a smokey eye. It’s just.so.easy.
The PSA here is not to overlook the simple eyeshadows in life. They might just turn out to be the most used item in your makeup bag! MAC Moleskin is still on counters, for $15. It’s limited edition, so get on it while you still can.
I confess, MAC overwhelms me sometimes. In August alone they have four new launches. I don’t know about you but that’s a lot for me to keep up with. For now, I’ll tell you about the new MAC Cosmetics Semi Precious collection that hit stores a few weeks ago. For the first time in a long time, I am excited about MAC’s eyeshadows (Blogger’s Obsession collection aside) with this collection. All it took was just one swatch and I was in love.