We hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving! This time of the year is the best, and we’re soaking up every bit of holiday cheer that comes our way. Sharing it, too! We’re kicking off our holiday gift guides this week — our top picks for all the girls and guys in your life. Today, we’re starting with The Product Girl. Somewhat of our personal wish list and also filled with some of our favorite beauty musts.
Fragrance is such a personal thing, and that’s exactly the basis behind MCMC Fragrances. Founder Anne McClain captures life’s personal stories and memories in a scent. I discovered MCMC Fragrance PHOENIX in my Birchbox, and am putting the full-size bottle on my holiday wish list! It’s grounded in vanilla and neroli and I can’t wait to wear it all winter long.
Speaking of Birchbox, a subscription is at the top of our gift guide! It’s one of our favorite things every month, the perfect gift for all of the Product Girls in your life. There’s 3, 6 and 12-month gift subscriptions, but we’re obsessing over the Birchbox Ultimate Collection which comes with five beauty treats in addition to the monthly delivery.
We love this Bauble Bar + K Kane Mini Rose Gold Mini Initial Pendant! Bauble Bar’s collabs just keep getting better (hello, Essie!). The rose gold is a nice alternative as is the cursive lettering. There’s just something about anything initialed or monogrammed that is always desired!
This Kate Spade ‘mani pedi’ iPad Folio speaks to us and we’re guessing all of the product gals out there. I mean, have truer words ever been spoken?
One can never have enough Fresh. Fresh Sugar Soiree contains all 8 of these coveted balms. We love these minis so much, since they are literally the same packaging as the original just on a smaller scale. You don’t ever have to sacrifice the luxe for the mini with Fresh.
It’s a known fact. Product Girls love their beauty gadgets, which is why the Sarah Potempa Beachwaver would be the ultimate gift. This is one of our favorite launches of 2012! It creates the most perfect beachy waves with the click of a button.
Check back tomorrow for more holiday gift inspiration.
Only one more week to go until Christmas! I am officially done with all of my holiday shopping as of about 4 p.m. today. I only had a few more things on my list to get, and it feels great to be done. What about all of you? Is it a wrap? Or are you procrastinating for a few more days? If so, here are a few more distractions from us to you!
NARS 413 Bleecker Larger than Life Lip Gloss is one hawt red. Available online or at the flagship boutique at 413 Bleecker in New York. Feels very festive, no? [NARSCosmetics]
Orange you excited for Pantone’s 2012 Color of the Year, Tangerine Tango? It looks like it will be everywhere come spring, in fashion and beauty. To get in on the trend now, try BUTTER London Jaffa. [The Wall Street Journal]
Katy Perry launched her second fragrance, Meow! by Katy Perry, at The Grove in Los Angeles earlier this week. Available exclusively at Nordstrom.
10 White Elephant Gifts to keep! [Refinery29]
Is it too late to add this Kate Spade Rosa Satchel to my Christmas wish list? That patent bow is calling to me! [Nordstrom]
Still looking for a stocking stuffer or two? We love this little set from Fresh! And…only $10. [Sephora]
Growing up, the one thing I looked forward to most on Christmas morning was opening my stocking. At the crack of dawn my sister and I would rush downstairs to the fireplace where our stockings hung to find out what treasures and trinkets awaited us. Now that I’m all grown up (or so I like to say), I love shopping for creative stocking stuffers for my friends and family – pocket-sized goodies that are a bit quirky and unexpected, but still practical. Below are some of the items on my list this year…what’s on your holiday shopping list?
1. For my sister – L’Occitane Hand Indulgences Trio. This limited-edition set comes with three shea butter hand creams inspired by Africa; Desert Rose (Morocco), Hibiscus Flower (Egypt) and Cocoa Flower (Ivory Coast).
2. For mom – Kate Spade pouch. A glitzy way to help mom dress up her cosmetics without being too over the top.
3. For my colleagues – Rad and Bad Sticky Flags. An edgy take on the boring office item, these sticky notes let you flag things ‘Hot or Not,’ ‘Dope or Nope,’ ‘Mack or Wack.’
4. For the jet-setter – Coach Travels Key Ring. Remind your on-the-go friend of places she’s been…or wants to go!
5. For the glamour girl – Essie Cocktail Bling. The name says it all – a cool and stylish color for the winter months.
6. For roommates – Marc by Marc Jacobs Heart Earbuds. A sneaky (and chic!) way for her to make the switch from those blaring iPod speakers to more apartment-friendly headphones.
7. For me! – honeydew intimates. Sexy and comfy at the same time!