We already know and love Clinique Chubby Sticks for our lips. This February get ready for the newest member of the Chubby Stick family, Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes!
These creamy shadow sticks are portable and convenient while providing sheer, buildable, long-wearing colour. The shadow’s unique formula and packaging is easy to use and applies evenly across lids as a silky cream that stays put without dusting or creasing. Soothing Vitamin E infuses the tint with a smooth finish that stays put, leaving lids with a sheer wash of long-lasting colour.
The twelve shades provide a selection of super-wearable colour in Bountiful Beige, Lots O’Latte, Fuller Fudge, Ample Amber, Whopping Willow, Mighty Moss, Pink & Pretty, Curvaceous Coal, Lavish Lilac, Big Blue, Portly Plum, and Massive Midnight. Create a customized look by mixing, matching and layering shades to add texture and dimension.
The new Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes is available in February at Clinique counters nationwide and www.clinique.com for $16.00 each.
As much as I love living in the Midwest, the winters are harsh and I always look forward to spending the holidays with my family in Florida. I can’t wait to trade-in my winter coat (which some have mistaken for an extreme-weather sleeping bag) for some flip-flops. Since Thanksgiving I have been setting aside what I’ll be packing in excited anticipation of my trip. Below is a list of what will be in my travel bag (while leaving room for some vacation shopping!) Are you heading someplace warm for the holidays?
1. I’ve been wearing Toms shoes for years because I love how comfortable they are and it’s easy to justify buying a pair of shoes when your purchase helps someone in need! I love the colors of this striped pair, which will look great with jean shorts and a tank or short sundress.
2. I love being tan just as much as the next sun-worshipping gal, but is important to protect skin from damaging rays. Clinique has great sunscreens for face and body that won’t clog pores or leave you feeling greasy.
3. I’m glad the chambray shirt is making a comeback – it travels well and can be paired with anything. I’ll use it as a beach cover-up or tie it up over a maxi dress and add some bangles.
4. I don’t like to wear a lot of make up when I’m on a vacation…skin needs a break too! Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine is ultra-moisturizing and gives lips a natural-looking tint.
5. I hate spending time blow-drying my hair – especially in hot climates when it’s just going to frizz up. Bumble and Bumble’s Curl Conscious Reactivating Mist is a must-have for my travel case. This spray works with hair’s natural wave to give soft curls. I just spritz it on damp ends and go, no heat or styling required!
6. J. Crew knows what it’s doing when it comes to bikinis. Their shapes are classic and colors can easily be mixed and matched for a new look. I love pairing their basic blues with printed styles I already own.
Clinique launched a new lip product for spring, the Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm. While the name is a complicated mouthful, this product looks to be about as easy as it gets. One of our favorite 2010 launches was Tarte’s LipSurgence Natural Lip Stain, due to the moisturizing properties and ease of application. This packaging reminds us of Tarte’s, and the formula, while not technically a stain, also bears resemblence.
Clinique packed these Chubbies with mango and shea butters to ensure they’re ultra hydrating on dry winter lips. They’re available in eight colors that span the spectrum. Can’t wait to give these a try!
We are well into the fall season now, which we’re happy about… pumpkin spice lattes and sweaters are part of our every day routines now. We are still hooked on some of our summer essentials though, these products saved our lives during the summer and now they are helping us throughout the fall.
- Votre Vu On Holiday Moisturizing Body Spray – I am not really a fan of body lotions but this is one body moisturizer I can get down with. It sprays on without feeling greasy and leaves my skin smelling AMAZING. Its just like I got back from the tropics and still have gardenias in my hair, this will help keep the tropical vibe going through fall and winter.
- Osea Undaria Body Polish – This body polish smoothes and moisturizes all without being harsh and abrasive on the skin, it’s really gentle and rich and creamy as well. Thanks to the lemongrass a fantastic citrus scent that’s particularly invigorating in the morning.
- Neutrogena’s Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunblock - This was Laurie’s go-to SPF all summer long. As the name indicated, it’s ultra sheer and ultra absorbent. It’s a summer essential, but this will likely see a lot of action in the coming months too.
- La Mer Oil Absorbing Lotion – This was my go-to moisturizer this summer, I went with the “less is more” approach with this in the hopes that a light formula would help prevent my face from turning into an oil slick and it did really well. Now it’s going to be my oil absorbing staple this fall.
- Kiehl’s Sunflower Color Preserving Deep Recovery Pak – Chlorine in the pool did horrible things to my hair but this brought it back to life. Just 3 minutes with this on and my hair is manageable again and as soft as silk… and fly away free! Plus I love the smell, it reminds me of my favorite shampoo.
- Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage – This is a skincare gem for Laurie. She stores this in the refrigerator and uses it every morning while the coffee’s brewing. Beyond helping perk up the undereye area, it actually helps wake her up! It’s an icy cold blast of caffeine, botanicals and antioxidants. It’s delightful.
What about you? What are your fall favorites? Do you have any summer essentials you’re still using?
Clinique and Milly are back at it again. Check out this new gift with purchase available at Bloomingdale’s. Per usual, I’m drawn to the adorable Milly makeup bag. Isn’t it fabulous? And with any $25 Clinique purchase, it can be mine (and yours too!). It also includes:
- Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes and Lips
- Youth Surge Night Age Decelerating Night Moisturizer
- Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
- Colour Compact: including Colour Surge Eye Shadow in Frosted Blossom, Chocolate Chip, Blushing Blush Powder Blush in Iced Lotus
- Lash Doubling Mascara in Black
- Lash Building Primer
- Milly for Clinique Lipstick Case
Not sure what to get to qualify? May I suggest the Take the Day off Cleansing Balm?
Clinique is mixing things up a bit this fall with its Bigger, Brighter Eyes in an Instant collection. This is less of a traditional color collection and more of a strategic approach to intensifying the peepers. The centerpiece is a new, limited edition product, High Impact Mascara in Brightening Black, that is clinically-proven to make the whites of the eyes look brighter. It’s a deep inky black with a blue hue, which is the key to the brightening effect, and the High Impact formula is known for giving lashes a full, voluminous look.
Clinique, you’ve sold me. Stay tuned folks. I’m on a mission.
Clinque’s new Smoothie Kisses set stopped me in my tracks at Macy’s today. Isn’t it adorable? And it sure is a value at $25. This contains four shades of Clinque’s Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color in:
- Pink Me Up
- Goodness Grapecious
Each smoothie contains .03 oz. of product, which is a great value considering the regular sized smoothies (at $17.50 apiece) contain .05 oz. I saw this in store at Macy’s, but it’s also available on Nordstrom.com.
Breaking news folks. It *finally* feels like spring in Chicago – at least for a few days. We’re pushing 60 degrees today and it is amazing. I’m totally in the mood for spring beauty, courtesy of Clinique. I am loving the look featured in their spring collection, Juiced Up Beauty. To me, it’s actually very summery. Don’t you think? At least the promo is!
The collection features a beautiful shade of All Over Color and new shades of the Vitamin C Lip Smoothie, but the real standouts for me are the eyes! It feels fresh – a light wash of color, defined brows and lashes.
Juiced Up includes two new “Fresh Picked” Eye Shadows in Berry and Pear. While I don’t think the colors are particularly unique, I’m totally loving the fruit patterns – especially the Pear! It actually reminds me a little bit of NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Taiga but I think I might like the Pear better. And while I’m at it with NARS comparisons, the creamy shade in Pear reminds me of my beloved NARS Abyssinia. And at $17.50, the Clinique option certainly is more friendly for the wallet.
Clinique also released a new product for brows, the Instant Lift, which houses a two-in-one brow pencil and highlighter to give dimension and precision to your brows. I think this has promise.
Did anything catch your eye in this collection? It’s still on counters if you haven’t had a chance to scout it out!
Clinique has been stepping up their gift with purchase game in a big way! Check out this beautiful bag designed by Milly for Clinique. I absolutely adore Milly dresses and think she has a second calling in makeup bags. This gift with purchase, valued at $75, is currently available at Bloomingdales free with any $25 Clinique purchase.
In addition to the adorable bag, you’ll receive:
- Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder with Brush
- High Impact Mascara in Black
- Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
- Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent
- Clinique Foldover Mirror
- Clinique Key Chain with Long Last Lipstick Mini in A Different Grape and Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Clearly Pink
To my disappointment, I just saw on Bloomingdales.com that this is not available in Chicago Bloomingdales locations (way to single out Chi-town!) Good think it’s online – I may need this Milly makeup bag in my life.
Speaking of Clinique, you have to try their new Deep Comfort Hand & Cuticle Cream. The job that pays the beauty bills (as Julia from All About the Pretty would say) has me dealing with vast amounts of paperwork on a daily basis so I’m constantly slathering hand cream on my hands. This hand cream is my new best friend.
You know when your hands are so dry that sometimes hand cream just sits on top of your skin and you still have that tight, dry feeling? That’s definitely not the case here, this hand cream absorbs quickly so my hands do not feel greasy and best of all, provides long lasting moisture so I don’t have to re-apply as often.
And… it is unscented so there’s no need to worry about offending anyone with its smell. I was once told by a co-worker that my L’Occitane hand cream smelled like a diaper. We all know that’s not the case but I didn’t bring that hand cream to work again. If you have sensitive noses around you to worry about, go ahead and slather Clinique Deep Comfort Hand & Cuticle Cream on as much as you want.