Even though I’m not Irish, I got into the St. Patrick’s Day spirit this weekend and painted my nails in green. I went with Sheswai Dig It. After seeing Kelly show off this gorgeous green, I had to have it. I am not a big fan of green in general but this one is so deep and rich that I had to add it to the nail vault.
This was my first Sheswai purchase but it will not be my last, I was really impressed with this formula. The color flowed on to the nail nicely and had the perfect consistency to it. The color leveled out nicely, even when my pursuit of the perfect manicure required that I tend to some nicks here and there. And you can see it is still not perfect, but it is getting better. Most importantly, the coverage I had in a single coat was even, practically full and didn’t streak whatsoever. This is what is convincing me to try more Sheswai shades.
Tomorrow on QVC, IT Cosmetics is launching their new Hello Beautiful 5-piece kit as a Today’s Special Value. For just under $60 (and also 3 EasyPay payments available), you can scoop up this kit and be on your way to looking beautiful yourself. Not that you already aren’t! 🙂
The inspiration behind this collection stems from the belief that you deserve to say Hello Beautiful to yourself every day, and you should really feel it and believe it. From your most beautiful skin, to a pretty flush of color to your lips and cheeks, to lashes for miles, this exclusive collection includes two brand new launches as well as three bestselling hero products designed to truly give you the power to look and feel your most beautiful, and your most naturally pretty self, every day.
Here is what is part of this set:
- Celebration Foundation – this anti-aging full coverage powder foundation has become my new go-to foundation for everyday wear and it wears super well. It gives me all day coverage and does not leave my skin looking dull or super matte, it gives me a nice natural finish.
- Heavenly Luxe Buffing Airbrush Foundation Brush – this brush is the perfect companion to this powder foundation. It is super soft but very effective at helping you buff on your foundation. This brush will become a staple in your makeup bag.
- Hello Lashes 5-in-1 Mascara in Black – this mascara gives lashes great separation without clumping and the tip is fantastic for helping you give your lashes a little more definition or building up your ends, which always seems to be my problem.
- Tightline Full Lash Length Primer in Black – this primer is exclusive to QVC until September and launches with this set. If you love the way the tightline technique makes your lashes look fuller and more defined, take this shortcut and save yourself some time! Mimic the effect with this primer by starting as close to the lashline as possible,
- Vitality Flush Color Stain Stick – another new launch and product exclusive to QVC until September in Je Ne Sais Quoi, a sheer pink. On cheeks it will give you a nice flush of color as well as a soft dewy glow. On the lips, it glides on and wears like a lip balm but gives you long lasting color that is your lips but better.
I’ve been playing with this set for the last week and I’ve come to realize that all of the five pieces in this set will now take up permanent residence in my makeup bag. Together, they are the perfect pieces to help you achieve an easy and naturally gorgeous look in no time. I’ve never been that girl that does her makeup at home before work each day, I’m the one you see at stop lights putting on her mascara and lipstick. Each one of these pieces has helped me pull my daily look together in just a matter of minutes and it’s a look that is effortless yet pulled together and naturally beautiful.
The set comes in five color choices: Fair, Light, Medium, Tan and Rich – and is also available on auto-delivery. Tune into QVC today and watch Jamie Kern Lima break it down! It’s going to be your best decision all day.
From the moment I first saw glimpses of Jin Soon’s Blue Iris, I knew I had to have it. I ordered it from Space NK (where the a La Mode collection is exclusive) and shortly after receiving it, I ordered the rest of the collection. I was completely smitten…and I don’t even like blues that much! From that moment on, I was in a panic to get my hands on as much Jin Soon goodness as I could.
Blue Iris is stunning in the bottle where are all of its cobalt goodness is concentrated. When I started applying it, I worried that it was too good to be true as it seemed a little streaky. By the time I applied my second coat and followed it up with my new Jin Soon top coat, my fears went away. The formula is reminiscent of a jelly without the sheer coverage. This shade is simply stunning in person; vivid and jewel-like. This blue has made me re-think my whole blue philosophy.
The whole a La Mode collection is beautiful and when paired together, forget about it…it’s game over. Like I said, I went in for Blue Iris and came away with the whole collection. This was my first Jin Soon purchase but definitely not the last.
So, what’s on your nails this week?
In a perfect world, every single lip product worth its salt would come in a chubby pencil. Wouldn’t that be great? You could fit more lip color in your makeup bag! NARS is helping make my dream one step closer to reality with its new Satin Lip Pencils.
These new pencils are rich in pigment and give lips a rich and creamy finish in 13 new shades:
- Het Loo – cognac
- Floralis – light apricot
- Isola Bella – peach beige
- Lodhi – vibrant coral
- Biscayne Park – pink guava
- Rikugien – rose pink
- Golshan – spiced wine
- Majella – garnet
- Luxembourg – vivid watermelon
- Hyde Park – cardinal red
- Palais Royal – sangria
- Yu – shocking pink
- Jardin Des Plantes – fuchsia (exclusive to boutiques)
I am already drooling over these and can’t wait to get them into my hot, little hands. These new Satin Lip Pencils launch March 7th on narscosmetics.com but in the meantime, check out the Pinterest boards for a little lip inspiration.
What shade are you coveting?
I’ve been making an effort lately, a full face of make up every day and changing up my nails every couple of days. You would think this would be easy for a beauty blogger but sometimes, you just want to go au natural. Since I’ve worn 4 different shades of nail polish during the last week, it is safe to say that this is not one of those times. 🙂
This week my pick was Essie’s Madison Ave-hue, from their new spring collection. I’ll admit that Essie has bored me to tears with their recent collections but they are taking a new direction now and it started with the long overdue addition of magnetic shades and nail strips. While I scooped up both releases, actual shades from a seasonal collection left me wanting more until now. I couldn’t resist this bright pink with micro glitter!