Doesn’t this palette just call out your name? That is what it is doing for me… just imagine the possibilities. To celebrate Bobbi Brown’s 20th anniversary, this 20th Anniversary Lip Palette was created. The palette features Bobbi’s original ten lipstick shades as well as ten new bright, modern wearable shades that show how Bobbi Brown has evolved over the years.
It all started back in 1991. Bobbi was discouraged but the lack of flattering lip colors that were available, so she created her own. Her initial ten shades had a brown base, which was in her opinion the most natural complement to a woman’s skin tone. After a small editorial mention in a magazine, Bobbi was soon taking countless phone orders from her home and it wasn’t long before she caught the attention of Bergdorf Goodman, which ultimately launched her collection. Bobbi hoped that she would sell 100 lipsticks in her first month at the store—and she ended up selling them in just one day.
Here are the shades in this collection:
- Burnt Red
2011 Exclusive Colors
- Coral Gables
- Lady Ruba
- Berry Punch
- Hot Berry
- Atomic Pink
- Party Pink
- Cosmic Lily
- Pink Martini
- Candied Red
This palette retails for $60. It is available now on Bobbi’s website and will be hitting Bobbi counters everywhere in October. Are you onboard the 20th Anniversary Lip Palette train?
I usually go lighter with my hair in the spring and summer so by the time fall rolls around, I’m ready to go dark but this time I’ve stayed dark. I’ve been a rich, dark reddish brunette all year. What I like more anything else is the red tones I see in my hair, particularly in the sun. We all know red is challenging to maintain but Tigi Colour Combat Colour Goddess Shampoo and Conditioner are helping me fight that battle. I want to hang on to that redness for as long as possible!
Tigi’s Colour Combat line has what they call Colour Lock Down technology to keep your color looking as vibrant as possible and is also sulfate free. Right now I’m two months out from the last time I colored my hair, which for me normally means I’m heading in dull territory, especially with a red. Instead my hair still has some lustre and it feels and looks smoother. The shampoo is somewhat moisturizing, doesn’t leave hair completely stripped and the conditioner has a medium-thick consistency that spreads easily to condition from root to tips without weighing hair down when rinsed. My favorite thing about this color combating combo is how it smells, it smells like rich, bubbling brown sugar. The scent lingers in your hair for quite awhile but won’t compete with any scent you want to wear.
You can find Tigi retailing online from around $12 for 8.45oz bottles on Amazon.com and other e-tailers. This was my first time trying a Tigi product. Have you tried one before? What did you think? Let me know in the comments.
This is a sponsored post written by Be a Bombshell Cosmetics.
Be a Bombshell Cosmetics is in a new approach to buying cosmetics. Our beauty advisers will pick a look for you based upon your beauty questionnaire. We will then e-mail our suggested look to you. For the product junkies that need instant gratification, you can go to the shop now section of our website. This will show you the current looks that are available and you can choose products from these looks.
This company was co-founded by two product junkies. We loved the quality of department store products, but that is an expensive habit to keep up. We both had experience as buyers and brand managers, so we decided we could use our experience to produce a line of cosmetics that were affordable, yet high quality. We only use the best ingredients for all of our products.
The Bombshell Experience:
We love our Bombshells! We believe that every woman is beautiful and we want to enhance your beauty. We would love to show you great products each to bring out your inner Bombshell! Getting started is easy and there is absolutely no obligation at any time. Our beauty experts will send you personalized product selections that YOU want. Let us introduce you to your inner BOMBSHELL!
The average woman buys 3 cosmetic products a month. So why not buy them at a great price? Bombshells can purchase 2 products for $19.95. This includes shipping! All Bombshell products are the same quality that you would buy at any department store and are far less expensive than drug store prices. These products are delivered straight to your doorstep. Our experts customize the products to fit your unique Beauty Profile. This is a fun and inexpensive way to update your look!
- Fill out your information and the Beauty Profile.
- You will receive an e-mail with recommendations from our Beauty Experts based on your Bombshell Beauty Profile.
- Visit your Makeup Counter and choose the products you like.
- Start the Bombshell transformation!
- Go to our website to the shop now page and choose products from your favorite look!
Today is the day . . . Be a Bombshell! Come see us now at www.beabombshellcosmetics.com!
Until midnight on October 1st all new Bombshells will receive a FREE full size Eyeliner in Onyx with any purchase. This is a Bombshell favorite and compliments every look!
I use to be very erratic with my product selection when I did my nails at home, that is mainly because I didn’t care as much about my nails as I do now. My friend actually commented on this the other day “you’ve become quite a nail gal, haven’t you?” Well yes, I certainly have. Now that I am more serious about this, I have narrowed things down to a solid group of products that I cannot imagine my life without. Some of these I have received as samples but a few of these items I have picked up myself. With one of these items, I’m now on my 4th one!
- Sally Hansen Nip ‘Em Neat – the core of this set is really the cuticle trimmer but it comes with a pusher that I use in place of an orange-wood stick. One end works great as a cuticle pusher and the other end I use to clean under my nails and clean up my edges with a bit of remover or clear polish. It is also great to free up ingrown toenails. For some reason, I’m very susceptible to that. The set retails for $14.99, which is a lot for just one tool, but if you’re more comfortable with a full size cuticle trimmer, it is well worth it.
- Tweezerman Mini Cuticle & Hangnail Snipper – I picked this up as part of Tweezerman’s Mini Nail Rescue Kit and it’s probably one of the best $20 I’ve ever spent. I prefer this smaller version of a cuticle trimmer because it is much easier for me to work with. Because of its size, I keep it with me in a little makeup bag I have deemed my “nail bag”. At that size, this snipper is super convenient. I also find I go much easier on my nails with this tool compared to a full sized trimmer. If this set is not for you, try the Squeeze and Snip. It’s the same price but I suspect it is also a bit larger.
- Orly Pusher & Remover – this tool has changed my life in the short amount of time I have had it. I received it in a gift bag from Orly at Cosmoprof after experiencing their Gel FX manicure. Unfortunately I have no idea what it costs or where you can find it, finding more information on this online has been tricky. It is part of the Gel FX line so if you have a beauty supply store near you that sells this, pick it up… you will not regret it. Not only is it great for removing soak off gel color from your nails (if you remove it yourself at home) but it is also fantastic for cleaning up the cuticle area because of its rounded tip, it’s the perfect shape for cleaning up your cuticles.
- QTica Cuticle Repair Balm – When I remember to slather on a cuticle oil, my cuticles stay fairly neat but let’s face it, the problem is I don’t remember and then end up looking horrible, you’ve seen the proof. I thought CND’s Solar Oil was good but this balm blew my mind the first time I used it, this little jar of goodness can give your cuticles a complete transformation in a matter of hours. A small jar goes for $12 and it is WORTH it, a small dip into the jar gives you plenty of product to moisturize your cuticles with. This is INTENSIVE CARE for your cuticles. With all the digging into files and filling I do on a regular basis with the day job, my cuticles need it!
- Orly Two Sided Buffer – Like the Pusher & Remover, this buffer is part of the Gel FX line up and I do not know its price. This buffer has a different type of grit on each side, neither of them hard on the nail. I use this buffer to smooth out the ridges in my nails in place of the rough side on the Revlon buffer. I find the size and thickness of this buffer makes it easier for me to work with. I also really like that this buffer is made of the same material from top to bottom, you’re not going to wear away at the grit and leave it looking ratty and useless.
- Revlon Crazy Shine Nail Buffer – I’ve professed my love for this nail buffer before, I simply cannot get better results from any other nail buffer. This is the product that I have now purchased for a 4th time, which at $4 its really a no brainer. Normally a squeaky noise would drive me crazy but with this nail buffer, the squeaks give me the craziest shine ever. If you were to look at my nails after I’m done using this, you’d swear I had a clear coat of polish on.
So these are all the tools I use before I do my nails, when I do them at home and I use them in this order before any color goes on my nails. Now that I’ve shown you my must haves, what are yours? Let me know in the comments.
This week’s shade is from RGB Cosmetics Hipp x RGB collection in F2. I have become obsessed with RGB over the last few months, it all started when a local boutique had a huge sale in their beauty department. They were getting rid of the department altogether, so what started as a typical sale became a big blowout with bottles going for $5 and BOGO. Needless to say, I now have practically all of RGB’s shades.
This shade from the Hipp x RGB Nail Foundation collection is one of four shades designed to match and/or compliment your skin tone. Green celebrity nail stylist Jenna Hipp (remember peeking into her makeup bag?) and RGB’s Gina Carney came up with the idea of developing a collection of nail foundation: the perfect nude nail color that matches every woman’s skin tone. “We wanted to develop flattering nail lacquers that would seamlessly complement hands and nails.” Just as foundation smoothes and evens the face, nail foundation offers the same coverage for the nails – taking the concept of makeup to the hands. That’s how HIPP x RGB Nail Foundation was born.
Hi, my name is Jonny Polizzi, and I am addicted to makeup! Ha. Well, the industry, that is! Being a Makeup Artist in New York City is as glamorous as one would expect — but as busy and challenging too! I thought I’d give you a glimpse into my week as a freelance artist, navigating the education of makeup to the famed New York Fashion Week!
It all started on Friday, when I headed to my favorite gig, as an instructor of makeup artistry at Chic Studios NYC – Studio of Makeup Artistry in the City. Here, I am teaching the students a fun makeup course, TV & Music Video Makeup. I am showing them how to think outside the box with makeup, as the first 3 weeks of their course is very technique, step-by-step beauty makeup for brides, special events, etc. This final week, we are able to be super creative! I decided to use two striking hues of teal and yellow on our beautiful model Camelia.
I’m addicted to another lip balm, gals. This time it’s Maybelline’s Baby Lips Lip Balm. They are officially available in October but if you’re lucky, your local drug store will have it in stock now. I’m loving these so much that I started with one and went back for three more… I might have to go back for the other two. Not that I need more, that’s just how much of a lip balm addict I am. Am I alone here?
The scoop on these lips balms is that they are super moisturizing and come in clear and tinted shades. I’m telling you, they give Fresh’s tinted Sugar lip balms a run for their money. Not quite the same thick texture but every bit as tinted and moisturizing. In fact, the Cherry Me shade would be a good dupe for the new Fresh Passion if you don’t mind a slightly bluer red… they smell really good too, like candy.
This is what Maybelline says about the formula:
The formula’s secret is the exclusive Botanical Cell Renewal Concentrate with Centella Asiatica. This natural botanical plant native to India, Sri Lanka, Austrailia and other parts of Asia, improves lip coloration and reduces the appearance of fine lines for younger looking, baby-smooth lips. Vitamins E and C, plus natural shea butter, aloe and camphor provide lasting moisturization. SPF 20 protects against damage from harmful UVA/UVB rays.
You got to love a lip balm with SPF 20, so many of them don’t have SPF. If you’re familiar with Nivea or Labello lip balms, these really remind me of those, which is a good thing because I have several of those as well. For $3.99, you can pick one of 6: Quenched (clear), Peppermint (clear), Cherry Me, Pink Punch, Grape Vine and Peach Kiss. If you can’t find them in a store near you, fear not, Target will come to the rescue.
Have you tried these yet? Let me know in the comments.
I’ve gotten myself into a total fragrance routine. Some may call it a rut, but I don’t like the negative connotation that comes along with that word, simply because my routine of wearing Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia nearly every day is a pleasant one! But that routine has all but disappeared as of late because I’m totally hooked on Jo Malone’s newest frag, Wild Bluebell.
Wild Bluebell is nothing like I thought it would be. When I heard floral notes, I assumed it would be too field-o-flowers for me. Not the case. It’s the perfect balance of floral and fruit, and like all Jo Malone fragrances, has a few surprises. I don’t claim to have the sophisticated frago note-detectors, but I notice how dynamic Wild Bluebell is from when I first spray to how it settles on the skin. It’s just lovely – so fresh and dewy. I’d say it’s a more delicate scent, but the lasting power is decent. For a more detailed breakdown of the notes, visit the London MakeUp Girl – her review is great!
I picked this up at Nordstrom, but Saks Beauty Week is coming soon. So if you are interested in trying this, do it then and get some goodies!
September is National Ovarian Cancer Awareness and as part of L’Oreal’s commitment to celebrating women, the Color of Hope collection is hitting stores. It may be in your local Walgreens, CVS and Wal-Mart already! L’Oreal is donating $1 for each item purchased and $5 for each limited edition Color of Hope Cosmetics Bag sold to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (up to $100,000).
Celebrating femininity and providing all women a way to feel beautiful, the 2011 Color of Hope Collection offers a beautiful palette of products to achieve a complete makeup look for eyes, lips and nails. Drawing inspiration from the romanticism of the 1920’s, L’Oréal Paris fused deep, smoky hues with soft accents reminiscent of the feminine feathers, rouching and lace of this fashion-forward era. The nostalgic collection honors a woman’s natural splendor and her contributions to society since the flapper style was en vogue – yet remains modern with wearable, on-trend shades.
When I walk in the door of my apartment, the scent coming from NEST’s Bamboo Reed Diffuser sitting on my desk greets me every single time and it’s a wonderful thing to come home to. I’m always amazed at how that little bottle and its reeds can fill the air in my apartment so beautifully and so abundantly.
The scent is described as “flowering bamboo is mingled with a variety of white florals, sparkling citrus and fresh green accords.” I couldn’t say this any better myself. The scent is not heavy in any area, it is a great combination of florals, citrus and greens. You can detect all the types of notes in this fragrance but you’re not overwhelmed by any of them.
NEST’s Reed Diffusers are well priced at $34 for a large 5.9 fl oz bottle. I’ve seen some other brands charge much more and they do go the distance this diffuser does. I don’t have a very large apartment, it is a modest size and this diffuser manages to scent all of it without constantly flipping the reeds around. I don’t want to have to do that to enjoy a scent and with NEST, I don’t have to. I haven’t even flipped my reeds once. Bamboo has been in the air in my apartment for almost 2 months and I still have 3/4 of the bottle. Color me impressed.
You can find NEST in stores like Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdale’s. If Bamboo is not for you, check out the Grapefruit, Moroccan Amber, Moss & Mint, Orange Blossom and Wasabi Pear scents!