Did you know that Nordstrom has a Beauty Stylist program? I didn’t either. I turned 32 on Saturday and wanted to do something fun so I asked Nordstrom Beauty to suggest a makeup artist I could make an appointment to so I could pick their brain. That’s when she told me about their Beauty Stylist program. Turns out the program has been around for a few years in the Seattle area and now Nordstrom is expanding the program to all stores nationwide.
What does a beauty stylist do? Just like a stylist helps you find the perfect outfit, a beauty stylist is your personal guide through the cosmetics and fragrance department to help find the best beauty products for your needs. Maybe you’re looking for that perfect red lipstick, want to get something new for fall or want to try a new skincare routine, Nordstrom’s beauty stylist program is here to help you.
For me, Deborah Lippmann has been on fire! My obsession with chunky glitter nail polishes started this year and Deborah Lippman has been feeding my addiction this year. First there was her Nordstrom Anniversary exclusive, I picked it up, did you? Keeping with the glitter, her fall collection includes this glitter polish and winter and even spring keep on going with glitter … she’s my glitter pusher!
Her fall collection features “Bad Romance”, the nail polish seen here. It has a black base with fuchsia glitter. It is almost like Deborah Lippmann’s Ruby Red Slipppers only in a different color… and less glitter, the base is much more prevalent here. I put on 3 coats for optimum glitterosity. I’m usually not one for dark nail polishes like these but a little glitter makes it makes me a believer.
Photo Courtesy: Eco-Tools via The Cut
New and improved Eco-Tools brushes expected to arrive next week. [The Cut]
Tarte hopes you have a Happy Halloween – no trick, all treat! Through October 31, save $5 at checkout by entering code TREAT. [TarteCosmetics.com]
Sephora’s online Friends & Family sale is in full-swing. Through November 4, enter code FF2010 at checkout to save 20%.
Take a sneak peek at Katy Perry’s OPI line due in 2011 [BellaSugar]
Today is Lancome’s Genes Day, a one day fundraising event benefiting St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. For every bottle of Lancome’s Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate sold in the U.S., Lancôme will donate $7, with a minimum donation of $100,000 from this initiative. Check out the all the news from this project on Facebook and check out Lancome’s videos featuring Arlenis Sosa, Daria Werbowy and Sandy Linter on YouTube.
I first discovered Tacha Aburatorigami Blotting Papers in the September Birchbox, and savored each sheet until they were gone. Some time passed, and I decided I needed these to be on my person at all times — and they are the obvious Beauty VIP for me this week.
These are the most elegant blotting papers I’ve encountered – they’re even flecked with real gold leaf and are all-natural and oil-absorbing rock stars. We have Japanese royalty to thank for that – during Imperial times, handmade paper was used to protect gold and silver as it was hammered into decorative gold leaf and Geishas used the leftover papers, flecked with precious metals, to keep their skin matte.
For $12, you’ll get 30 sheets – plus some loyalty points on Birchbox!
Ladies, I’ve been absolutely blown away by the new Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Tinted Lip Balms. I picked up both shades recently — Sheer Peach and Sheer Pink — and am seriously impressed. Last winter, I must have gone through 3 or 4 tubes of the non-tinted version and am thrilled to see that Carmex expanded the line. Not only do these leave a sheer wash of color they are moisturizing beyond belief…and they have that familiar Carmex scent that we know and love.
I swiped these on the back of my hand — Sheer Peach and Sheer Pink, left to right respectively — and don’t they even look moisturizing? They’re glistening! These are such a great deal. The only downside, if you can call it that, is that you can use them up pretty quickly with constant use. But for $3 a tube, you can stock up on several for under $10.
Has anyone else tried these? They’re a fast favorite of ours!
We are well into the fall season now, which we’re happy about… pumpkin spice lattes and sweaters are part of our every day routines now. We are still hooked on some of our summer essentials though, these products saved our lives during the summer and now they are helping us throughout the fall.
- Votre Vu On Holiday Moisturizing Body Spray – I am not really a fan of body lotions but this is one body moisturizer I can get down with. It sprays on without feeling greasy and leaves my skin smelling AMAZING. Its just like I got back from the tropics and still have gardenias in my hair, this will help keep the tropical vibe going through fall and winter.
- Osea Undaria Body Polish – This body polish smoothes and moisturizes all without being harsh and abrasive on the skin, it’s really gentle and rich and creamy as well. Thanks to the lemongrass a fantastic citrus scent that’s particularly invigorating in the morning.
- Neutrogena’s Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunblock - This was Laurie’s go-to SPF all summer long. As the name indicated, it’s ultra sheer and ultra absorbent. It’s a summer essential, but this will likely see a lot of action in the coming months too.
- La Mer Oil Absorbing Lotion – This was my go-to moisturizer this summer, I went with the “less is more” approach with this in the hopes that a light formula would help prevent my face from turning into an oil slick and it did really well. Now it’s going to be my oil absorbing staple this fall.
- Kiehl’s Sunflower Color Preserving Deep Recovery Pak – Chlorine in the pool did horrible things to my hair but this brought it back to life. Just 3 minutes with this on and my hair is manageable again and as soft as silk… and fly away free! Plus I love the smell, it reminds me of my favorite shampoo.
- Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage – This is a skincare gem for Laurie. She stores this in the refrigerator and uses it every morning while the coffee’s brewing. Beyond helping perk up the undereye area, it actually helps wake her up! It’s an icy cold blast of caffeine, botanicals and antioxidants. It’s delightful.
What about you? What are your fall favorites? Do you have any summer essentials you’re still using?
Josie Maran assembled her argan favorites – including a few new, yet-to-be released products – and bundled them up in her newest gift set at Sephora, the Love Nest. Since I got hooked on Josie’s famed Argan Oil earlier this year, I have been eagerly trying more of her line. This set included two new products unavailable elsewhere: Argan Color Stick and the Argan Illuminizer.
I swatched the Argan Illuminizer heavy for show, but it blends down to a very sheer, warm gold. It’s a thicker consistency and is very moisturizing. It’s a very versatile product — mixed in with foundation, over makeup or my preferred way, a small dab mixed in with moisturizer under makeup. The Argan Color Stick has a bit of a minty smell and imparts a rosy pink glow.
This is a great set – for $25, you more that get your money’s worth. It’s sold out online (for now), but I spotted this at my Sephora in-store so you may be in luck if this one’s for you.
I’ve waited very patiently for Sue Devitt’s Lip Intensifier Pencil to come to my local Ulta. Being the chunky lip pencil lover that I am, I’ve been dying to try them. They still haven’t shown up but luckily I received a sample when I was in NYC in May, otherwise I’d still be waiting… because you know I’m too stubborn to order it online. This week this was my go to lip product I realized it definitely deserved to be my Beauty VIP of the week.
This lip pencil comes in 4 shades, all of perfect for that natural lip look in different skin tones. These lip pencils are inspired Sue Devitt’s famous Eye Intensifier Pencils and they feature a formula that moisturizes lips while intensifying their natural color. Do they live up to that claim? I definitely think so. The product goes on soft and somewhat creamy for a lip pencil of this kind. My lips are usually feeling a tad dry with other pencils of this kind but with Sue Devitt’s, they are not screaming for moisture at all.
This is one of those products that falls in the “your lips but better” category and for me, it is a must for perfecting that “no makeup” makeup look even on my laziest of days. Just this pencil and a touch of gloss and I’m easy, breezy, beautiful.