Last but not least is the Dr. Facilier part of the collection. What had me more excited about this collection was the new Magically Cool Liquid Powder. Sure, other lines have done it but MAC has not and I am curious about it. For now, here’s a look at the collection…
MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder
- Truth & Light – sheer shimmer that reflects silver and pink
- Cajun – sheer bronze shimmer that reflects gold
- Resort Life – off white with pink pearl
- Slick Black – true carbon black
- French Quarter – dirty black green with multi-colour pearl
- Melon – soft bright golden peach (frost)
- Brash & Bold – bright magenta (frost)
- Push the Edge – deep bright purple with pearl (frost)
MAC I’m So Vain Mirror
- compact inspired by collaboration; interior contains standard mirror on one side and magnifying mirror on alternate side
And of course, the Dr. Facilier interview…
So what do you think of the Venomous Villains collection so far? I am drawn to the Cruella De Vil part of the collection but the nail polishes from the Maleficent side definitely caught my eye even with dupes for some of the shades. Let’s take a look at this part of the collection…
Mineralize Eye Shadow Duos
- My Dark Magic – deep pink with pink pearl/ deep plum with purple pearl
- She Who Dares – deep navy with blue pearl/deep forest green with lime green pearl
- Violetta – bright clean violet purple (amplified)
- Dark Deed – burgundy plum (amplified)
- Revenge Is Sweet – light yellow purple
- Wrong Spell – deep plum with pink purple
- Briar Rose – soft violet pink with pearl
- Bad Fairy – red with red multi-changing pearl
- Formidable! – teal green with pink multi-changing pearl
- Mean & Green – purple with teal multi-changing pearl
And this post wouldn’t be complete without MAC’s interview with Maleficent… Continue reading
Today’s all about MAC’s Venomous Villains! Next up is the Evil Queen. What’s going to be in your Venomous Villains haul?
- Her Alter Image – light violet (veluxe pearl)
- Vile Violet – deep dirty blue purple (matte)
- Vainglorious – bronze burgundy (frost)
- Toxic Tale – bright coral (satin)
- Sinister – soft brown plum (lustre)
- Strange Potion – soft coral pink
- Hot House – deep raspberry with pink pearl
- Bite of an Apple – soft coral pink (matte)
- Oh So Fair – clean pink with gold pearl
I have to admit, I’m loving these MAC character interviews so you’re going to see them all. Continue reading
It’s here! The day MAC fans all over the world have been waiting for is finally here! We started getting teasers for it back in May and today the MAC Venomous Villains collection hits stores in the US. The collection takes its inspiration from Disney’s infamous villains from the past include Cruella De Vil, the Evil Queen, Maleficent and Dr. Facilier. It’s also a pretty massive collection with the introduction of a new product and it repromotes a few old favorites… Resort Life Lipgelee anyone?
Let’s take a look at what’s in the Cruelle De Vil collection:
- Innocence, Beware! – light yellow pink (cremesheen)
- Heartless – cherry red (amplified)
- Wicked Ways – light nude with gold pearl
- Devilishly Stylish – deep fuchsia with pink pearl
- Sweet Joy – frosted creamy pale gold (frost)
- De-Vil – rich copper (veluxe pearl)
- Carbon – intense black (matte)
- Darkly My Dear – dirty brown plum (matte)
- Her Own Devices – cool nude
To wrap this up, here’s a quick interview with Cruella De Vil. Continue reading
MAC Cosmetics has just expanded its permanent line up with their new Longwear technology to include Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation, Concealer and new Lipcreme formula. The new formulas are meant to work overtime and wear up to 12-15 hours! The foundation is said to provides a creamy, buildable comfort, leaving skin smooth while the concealer provides full coverage to create a matte finish both lasting up to 15 hours. Then the Lipcremes are full coverage that wear up to 12 hours.
Here are the shades for the Pro Longwear Lipcremes:
- Made To Last – deep plumy brown (frost)
- Till Tomorrow – greyed mauvy brown (cream)
- Sweet Ever After – copper (frost)
- Faithfully Yours – blackened dirty purple (cream)
- Goes and Goes – blue violet (cream)
- Love Forever! – bright blue pink (cream)
- Perpetual Flame – pink cranberry (cream)
- Unlimited – muted dirty rose (cream)
- Overtime – light baby pink (cream)
- Extended Play – blackened brick red (cream)
- Good To Go – loudmouth orange (cream)
- Prolong – true red (cream)
These retail for $16, the new foundation retails for $29.50 and the new concealer retails for $16.50. I’ve tried the new lip color and really like it. It goes on so easily and smooth that it barely feels like it’s giving me any color payoff but it does. I haven’t tested it’s wear just yet but that’s on my to-do list. You’ll hear more about this after I test out the new foundation and concealer, so stay tuned for a review of each and swatches.
In the meantime, here’s a closer look at the new Lipcreme shades. Continue reading
I don’t know if you noticed but I have drawers full of highlighting products in in my stash, I have weakness for any kind of face product with a shimmer in it… especially if it’s a cream. The newest cream highlighter to hit shelves is Urban Decay’s Urbanglow Cream Highlight. You can use it on chisel out some cheekbones, highlight your brow bone or make your lips pouty by dabbing a little bit on your cupid’s bow.
Urbanglow comes in 4 universally flattering shades and retails for $24, not bad for a compact full of radiance. You can find it on sale in Macy’s, Sephora, Ulta and online at macys.com, sephora.com, ulta.com, beauty.com and urbandecay.com. Let us know what you think if you pick one up!
While it’s still Monday (at least in my time zone), I wanted to show you my current mani/pedi combo. This weekend I met the lovely Nonie Creme from Butter London at the Nordstrom Trend Show (more on that soon!) so naturally I wanted to wear shades from Butter London for the occasion. I chose Fash Pack for my nails and Minger for my toes.
Butter London describes Fash Pack as putty meets mushroom and that’s a great way to describe the color but what they don’t mention is that the shade also has a fine shimmer to it. It is a little deceiving and only noticeable in the bottle or in certain lighting. You can see a bit of that here. This is a great on-trend shade for the season.
Minger is on my toes, this is a shade from last year’s fall collection. This just screams pumpkins, doesn’t it? I think it’s fitting seeing as how October is just a few days away. It’s not a typical fall shade but I’m really liking it and can’t wait to try it on my fingernails.
How about you? What colors are you wearing on your tips and toes?
Also, I wanted to tell you about a giveaway and special Whooga is running right now. Everyone that follows them on Twitter as @whoogaboot is entered in one giveaway and everyone who signs up for their newsletter will be entered to win during their draw at the end of each month. There’s also an exclusive discount code for Product Girl readers. Just enter code 407PRODUCT for 10% off your purchase this week!
I have a weird fascination with things that peel. I have been known to put glue on my hands and just enjoy peeling it off. I know it’s weird but I like it. When I read about the new Boscia Luminizing Black Mask, it was game on!
This mask is a mineral peeling mask. It goes on black and gooey then dries to a smooth finish pull out all gunk out of the surface of your skin. Pretty in Dayton summed it up really well, it’s like a huge Biore mask for your skin. The moment I peeled the mask off for the first time, that came to mind. I thought this too, she happened to say it first. 🙂 There is a little more to this mask though…
I hope I didn’t scare you away! Now this is me wearing the mask how I like to apply it, on the thick side. This makes the tube of product not last as long so I’ve been playing with my application a bit. Otherwise, the only downside is that it can be kind of messy. Be careful about how close you apply the product to the hair line, getting this stuff in your hair is not fun!
I have to say, I really enjoy removing this mask. It peels off all in one piece and on the inside of it, you can see some of the gunk you just removed from your pores… I almost took a picture to show you but thought that might be crossing the line. 😉 However, if that was not reward enough, it also gives my skin a nice, healthy glow. Everything is brighter and my redness in the cheeks is diminished. Not to mention the size of my pores is minimized, it just makes everything look better all around.
Disclosure: We received a sample of this product.
Say Yes to Carrots C Me Smile Lip Butters! For Ten or Less, you can actually buy several of these all-natural, organic lip balms. Lip balm is important in the beauty routine to keep lips moisturized and smooth. Beneath every lip product I wear is a coat of lip balm to help prime my lips for the day. I find it works wonders with a stickier gloss, like MAC Lipglass for example.
The key for me is that “melt into your lips” factor. I get very frustrated when I encounter waxy and thick balms. But don’t we all? A slight flavor or scent is always a nice perk too. And organic and natural – well that’s the trifecta! Yes to Carrots hits all three marks, and each costs less than $3. With vitamin E and olive and coconut oils, it really is a soothing balm. I am loving the berry flavor, and my husband has taken a liking to the melon. I swapped that one out with his normal Chapstick. 🙂
Disclosure: We received a sample of this product.