Today is National Wear Red Day. Are you wearing red? This is part of The Hearth Truth’s campaign to raise awareness about heart disease being the #1 killer among women. Bobbi Brown has supported the cause for the 4th year in a row and is now releasing the Listen to Your Heart Lip Gloss Trio.
This Listen to Your Heart Lip Gloss Trio features three of Bobbi’s favorite shades in Buff Lip Gloss, Pink Sugar Shimmer Lip Gloss and Slopes Shimmer Lip Gloss (available exclusively in this set). Only 500 of these limited-edition sets are available! Check out the annual Red Dress Collection Fashion Show on February 13th during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at “The Tent” at Bryant Park.
When we first heard about the MAC and Hello Kitty collaboration, it seemed so far away. Now the day so many of us are looking forward is almost here! I’m not going to pretend I’m not excited about this collection, I so am. Next week MAC’s Hello Kitty collection will be available in stores but if you were lucky to attend an unveiling party at a store in your area, lucky you already have some Hello Kitty goodness in your hands.
Today we’ll be looking at what’s in the makeup and accessories collections. Let’s start with what’s in the makeup collection (as pictured):
- Cute-ster – Sheer peachy pink with pearl
- Big Bow – Sheer bright intense blue pink
- Fresh Brew – Creamed coffee
- Fashion Mews – Sheer pale lavender
- Strayin’ – Frosty midtone mint
- Most Popular – Sheer deep berry
- Sweet Strawberry – Sheer berry with blue pearl
- Mimmy – Light creamy pink with pink and gold pearl
- Nice to be Nice – Sheer bright intense orange with pearl
- Nice Kitty – Sheer neon pink with blue pearl
- She Loves Candy – Pale blue pink with gold pearl
- Fast Friends – Sheer bright intense purple with pearl
TINTED LIP CONDITIONER
- Popster – Lively coral pink
- Pink Fish – Soft neutral pink
EYE SHADOW x 4: LUCKY TOM
- Crème Royale – Yellow wheat gold
- Paradisco – Soft bright pinky-coral with golden shimmer
- Stylin’ – Midtone violet blue with multi-dimensional pearl
- Lucky Tom – Dark charcoal brown with gold pearl
EYE SHADOW x 4: TOO DOLLY
- Yogurt – Soft pale pink
- Romping – Rich magenta with pink pearl
- Too Dolly – Frosty midtone mint
- Stately Black – Rich blue with silver sparkle
GLITTER EYE LINER
- Her Glitz – Blackened gold with multi-dimensional glitter
- Glitterpuss – Orangey bronze with multi-dimensional glitter
- Kitty Power – Pink with multi-dimensional glitter
- Girl Groove – Clear/white teal reflects and multi-dimensional glitter
- Milk – Frosty pale silvery pink
- Deep Blue Green – Rich, deep bluish green
- Reflects Blue – Sparkling Blue
- Reflects Very – Pink Sparkling fuchsia pink
BEAUTY POWDER BLUSH
- Tippy – Midtone blue pink
- Fun & Games – Soft orange peach
- Pretty Baby – Soft sunny pink with gold
- Tahitian Sand – Soft coral peach
- Something About Pink – Blue pink fuchsia
- On the Prowl – Light creamy grey
- Vestral White – Creamy white
With all the time we’ve had to look at these images, I still can’t make up my mind about what I will be getting. I think I want the nail polishes and the Nice Kitty gloss. As for the rest, no idea! 🙂 How about you? What have you been eyeing?
If you’re looking for a new foundation or concealer, check out the new Well Defined collection from MAC. It lands on counters today.
It includes their new Studio Sculpt Concealer, Studio Sculpt Foundation and repromotes their Prep & Prime Skin and brushes.
I haven’t tried the new foundation and concealer yet but I’ve heard good things about the formulas so far. The coverage is good, it produces a more natural look after being set with powder, has more oil control than other formulas and it is buildable.
Will you be trying something from this collection? Let us know!
Also out in stores today is the Creme Team collection from MAC. This collection introduces new and permanent Cremesheen lipstick shades, new Cremesheen Lipglass formula and repromotes the Cremestick liners.
Here is what is featured in this collection (as pictured):
- Crème Cup – Light blue pink
- Shy Girl – Creamy neutral coral beige
- Crosswires – Clean pinky orange
- Lickable – Bright cl ean blue pink
- Lavender Whip – Light cool lavender
- Crème in Your Coffee – Creamy mid-tone pink brown
- Spice is Nice – Creamy dark warm brown
- Hang-up – Deep berry
- Ever So Rich – Sheer lilac
- Fashion Scoop – Pale cool baby pink with light pearl
- Boy Bait – Light neutral beige with pearl
- Partial Pink – Light creamy yell ow pink with light gold pearl
- Melt in Your Mouth – Mid-tone creamy clean pink
- Petite Indulgence – Mid-tone bright blue pink
- Crème Anglaise – Mid-tone neutral mauve
- Looks Like Sin – Sheer deep berry
Will you be picking something up from the Creme Team collection? I’m looking forward to trying the new glosses. They are not as pigmented as other glosses but I’ve been into sheerer shades lately anyhow. What shades are you looking at getting?
I was at the cash register waiting to pick up a few things in one of my drugstore trips this weekend when I saw a product at the register I had seen on TV. Curious to see how it worked, I figured I’d pick it up and I told myself something I sometimes say to myself to feel better about a purchase… “it’s for the readers”. 🙂
You’ve probably seen the commercial for Smooth Away on TV. The commercial claims you can easily buff away your unwanted hair with their product. The box contains a large and small plastic pad and 4 replacement pads in each size… as you see here. The replacement pads are the equivalent of sandpaper with superfine crystals that you stick on the plastic pad, it just something for you to hold on to.
You use this product by buffing the unwanted hair off in a circular movement. I got rather annoyed when I was using Smooth Away, I tested it on my arm and I spent quite a bit of time getting the result I wanted. First it matter the hair, forming little nots all over the place. When I applied a little more pressure, I finally got a clean spot on my arm. It took me a few minutes to clear an area the size of a deck of cards. I finally got so frustrated that I just stopped trying to remove any more hair, it was just too much of a hassle.
The area on my arm was where the hair was removed definitely felt smooth but it was practically white from all the dead skin the product exfoliated and then buffed on to my arm. I don’t see why anyone would choose to use this product instead of wax or a good old-fashioned razor. It’s way too time consuming and the results are simply not worth it. Bottom line is save your money and time and put it towards something else.
I want to focus on drugstore lines more than I have so in an effort to do that, this weekend I ran around to different drug stores looking for interesting products to discuss. So far my favorite is one I found at Target. It’s a bit higher up on the totem pole price wise from the other brands but it’s worth looking at.
Pixi’s Smokey Eye Wand is an eyeshadow wand to help you achieve that sought after smokey eye look. The wand comes with a sponge tip applicator at the top and when you take off the cap, the tip is loaded with eyeshadow in Black Silver. You just twist the cap back on to load it up with more eyeshadow. Handy, don’t you think?
The sponge tip applicator is a little larger than I expected but it’s a good size to lay down eyeshadow on the lid and still fit into the contour of the crease. The pigment in the eyeshadow is nice as well and when you pack on the color, the effect is gorgeous.
Pixi’s Smokey Eye Wand does require some assistance though when it comes to perfecting your look. You may need to do a little blending with a tapered brush since the sponge tip applicator really isn’t ideal for that. There’s also some fallout to deal with but chances are if you’re doing a smokey eye, you’re able to take the time to clean up the fall out and deal with the extra blending.
Overall, this is a product I will keep close by. It would be even better if Pixi made more Eye Wands in different shades, picture a black with metalic green or blue reflects. How hot would that be?
How do you create your smokey eye? What are your favorite products to work with?